[gdal-dev] Convert false-color single band tiff to png

[gdal-dev] Convert false-color single band tiff to png

Paul Meems
I'm having trouble converting a false-color single band tiff to png.

Most of my tiff-files I can convert using GdalDem and a color table, this works great.
But some tiff-files are pre-processed and I need to convert them as is.

This is the tiff:
Inline afbeelding 1

I tried with gdal_translate:
gdal_translate -of PNG my.tif my.png
But then I get a mostly white png. I also tried several other options.
The range of the tiff-file is from 1842 - 2636.
Does this mean I'm bound to use a color table file and use GdalDem or is another solution possible?

The tiff-files are send to my from an outside source I have no control about them.
I need the png-files because I'm showing the files in OpenLayers.

How can I do the conversion properly?

Thanks,

Paul Meems

Re: Convert false-color single band tiff to png

Even Rouault-2

On mardi 9 mai 2017 14:25:58 CEST Paul Meems wrote:

> I'm having trouble converting a false-color single band tiff to png.

> Most of my tiff-files I can convert using GdalDem and a color table, this

> works great.

> But some tiff-files are pre-processed and I need to convert them as is.

> This is the tiff:

> [image: Inline afbeelding 1]

> I tried with gdal_translate:

> gdal_translate -of PNG my.tif my.png

> But then I get a mostly white png. I also tried several other options.

> The range of the tiff-file is from 1842 - 2636.

> Does this mean I'm bound to use a color table file and use GdalDem or is

> another solution possible?

Look at the -scale switch of gdal_translate

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Convert false-color single band tiff to png

Paul Meems
Thanks Even,

I did look at the -scale switch but probably not correct.
This is working:
gdal_translate -of PNG -ot Byte -scale my.tif my.png

Regards,

Paul

http://www.spatialys.com