[gdal-dev] Convert WGS84 geodetic coordinate to local ENU(local Cartesian coordinates coordinate system)

[gdal-dev] Convert WGS84 geodetic coordinate to local ENU(local Cartesian coordinates coordinate system)

Changhai Chen
Hello. Is there any method in GDAL that can convert WGS84 geodetic coordinate to local ENU(local tangent plane)?
First: GDAL can transform point coordinate from WGS84 geodetic  coordinate  system to WGS84 XYZ (or ECEF ).
Second: but WGS84 XYZ (or ECEF ) to local ENU can not be transformed. I can fix it by using another tool, but it will be better if GDAL have this convesion.
Thanks.

Re: Convert WGS84 geodetic coordinate to local ENU(local Cartesian coordinates coordinate system)

Even Rouault-2
On mercredi 12 juin 2019 11:42:12 CEST Changhai Chen wrote:
> Hello. Is there any method in GDAL that can convert WGS84 geodetic
> coordinate to local ENU(local tangent plane)?
> First: GDAL can transform point coordinate from WGS84 geodetic  coordinate
> system to WGS84 XYZ (or ECEF ).
> Second: but WGS84 XYZ (or ECEF ) to local ENU can not be transformed. I can
> fix it by using another tool, but it will be better if GDAL have this
> convesion.

That should be implemented as a new coordinate operation in PROJ. There's a
description for this method in the IOGP Guidance note 7.2.

http://www.epsg.org/Portals/0/373-07-02.pdf , page 97, "2.2.2 Geocentric/
topocentric conversions"

Contributions welcome

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Convert WGS84 geodetic coordinate to local ENU(local Cartesian coordinates coordinate system)

Kristian Evers-2
Here's the relevant PROJ issue should someone want to give this a go

https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/500

/Kristian