[gdal-dev] Constructing GDAL_WMS XML files for TMS servers

[gdal-dev] Constructing GDAL_WMS XML files for TMS servers

juliermeopensourcedeveloper
Hi all,

I found this discussion related to my question: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-Constructing-GDAL-WMS-XML-files-for-TMS-servers-td5033787.html.

I have several sar images in geoserver and I need to create a XML file for each TMS service in order to load them in Qgis.
For the wmts services I used the folowing gdal function:
gdal_translate "WMTS:http://maps.wien.gv.at/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml,layer=lb" wmts.xml -of WMTS

Now, what about TMS services in geoserver? Is it possible to create the XML files using gdal_tranlate for a TMS capabilities request as in "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/"? If so,  how to that for a specific layer?

Thank you for your time in advance

Kind Regards

Julierme

Re: Constructing GDAL_WMS XML files for TMS servers

Even Rouault-2

On jeudi 22 février 2018 12:17:39 CET Julierme Pinheiro wrote:

> Hi all,

> I found this discussion related to my question: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.

> nabble.com/gdal-dev-Constructing-GDAL-WMS-XML-files-for-TMS-servers-

> td5033787.html.

> I have several sar images in geoserver and I need to create a XML file for

> each TMS service in order to load them in Qgis.

> For the wmts services I used the folowing gdal function:

> gdal_translate "WMTS:http://maps.wien.gv.at/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.

> xml,layer=lb" wmts.xml -of WMTS

> Now, what about TMS services in geoserver? Is it possible to create the XML

> files using gdal_tranlate for a TMS capabilities request as in "

> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/"? If so, how to

> that for a specific layer?

I haven't a GeoServer installation handy, but normally something like

gdal_translate -of WMS http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/{layername} tms.xml

should work

You may need to modify the URL such that it points to a XML document whose root element is <TileMap>

If you do

gdalinfo http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0

it should list all the layers as subdatasets

Even

http://www.spatialys.com