[gdal-dev] Compile gdal with expat support on AWS Linux

[gdal-dev] Compile gdal with expat support on AWS Linux

ramotswa
Hello,

I've been trying to get gdal compiled to be able to read GML files - but I keep on getting expat / Xerces errors.
I am working on an AWS AMI that matches the AWS Lambda environment (as I'm trying to get this working in Lambda really).(AMI: amzn-ami-hvm-2017.03.1.20170812-x86_64-gp2 / amiId: ami-ebd02392)

I'm following these steps;

tar -xzf expat-2.1.0.tar.gz
cd expat-2.1.0/
./configure --prefix=/tmp
make
make install

tar xzf gdal-2.2.3.tar.gz
cd gdal-2.2.3
./configure --without-ld-shared --disable-shared --enable-static --with-curl --prefix /tmp/gdal --with-expat=/tmp/
make
make install

In the gdal ./configure step I am getting the output;

checking for Expat XML Parser headers in /tmp//include... found
checking for Expat XML Parser... yes
checking if Expat XML Parser version is >= 1.95.0... yes

and later
Expat support:             yes

I then run make + make install, and to test I just do;
./gdal-2.2.3/apps/ogrinfo mygmlfile
which gives me the error;

ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ or Expat based GML reader, Xerces or Expat support not configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File data/tmpX9fQKT/HP6000 appears to be GML but the GML reader can't
be instantiated, likely because Xerces or Expat support was
not configured in.
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `data/tmpX9fQKT/HP6000' with the following drivers.

Does anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong? Any tips greatly received.

Toby

Re: Compile gdal with expat support on AWS Linux

Even Rouault-2

On samedi 20 janvier 2018 12:04:42 CET Tobias Reinicke wrote:

> Hello,

> I've been trying to get gdal compiled to be able to read GML files - but I

> keep on getting expat / Xerces errors.

> I am working on an AWS AMI that matches the AWS Lambda environment (as I'm

> trying to get this working in Lambda really).(AMI:

> amzn-ami-hvm-2017.03.1.20170812-x86_64-gp2 / amiId: ami-ebd02392)

Tobias,

If you did a first GDAL build without expat support, and then ran ./configure and make again, some files have not been recompiled, so do a "make clean" and build again.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Compile gdal with expat support on AWS Linux

ramotswa
Yes that was it. Many thanks.
Toby