[gdal-dev] Command line utilities on Windows and Unicode characters
Just to inform you that I've fixed recently in trunk a long standing issue with command line utilities on Windows with non-ascii characters.
Previously we used the standard main() entry point, which got the arguments in the current codepage (which was already a limitation in case you wanted to deal with characters not in the codepage) whereas the rest of GDAL expects UTF-8.
So now we use the wmain() entry point and recode fom UCS-2 to UTF-8
I'm not completely sure of all impacts, hence this warning.
Implemented per https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7065