[gdal-dev] Cloud Optimized Vectors?

jratike80

Hi,

Cloud optimised tiffs hosted on a HTTP file server work pretty well without a need to set up a special tile/WMS/WCS server

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CloudOptimizedGeoTIFF

That made me think that how would a Cloud Optimized vector format look like? Obviously it should offer fast access to spatial index which delivers offsets to data records of perhaps spatially organized chunks of data. Or is there already some format that suits relatively well for BBOX based queries over HTTP?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Cloud Optimized Vectors?

Even Rouault-2

On mardi 16 janvier 2018 13:01:39 CET Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:

> Hi,

> Cloud optimised tiffs hosted on a HTTP file server work pretty well without

> a need to set up a special tile/WMS/WCS server

> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/CloudOptimizedGeoTIFF

> That made me think that how would a Cloud Optimized vector format look like?

> Obviously it should offer fast access to spatial index which delivers

> offsets to data records of perhaps spatially organized chunks of data. Or

> is there already some format that suits relatively well for BBOX based

> queries over HTTP?

I guess shapefiles with qix should not be too bad.

GeoPackage could probably do too

For display purposes, MapBox Vector Tiles as Z/X/Y hiearchy of files should also work. By the way, I'm currently developing the read side of a OGR MVT driver.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com