[gdal-dev] Anyone interested in resurrecting PHP (7) bindings ?

[gdal-dev] Anyone interested in resurrecting PHP (7) bindings ?

Even Rouault-2

Hi,

Seeing https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6770, I realized that we have in-tree PHP bindings...

They appear to still build with PHP 5 on an ancient distro, but they are broken with PHP 7.

I've tried the attached patch that attempts to use the -php7 flag available in SWIG 3.0.11 but this still results in build failures (see attached log).

Failing to find anyone interested, we'll have to disable

./configure --with-php

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

php7.patch (2K) Download Attachment
build_log.txt (25K) Download Attachment

[gdal-dev] PHP and Ruby bindings gone [was: Anyone interested in resurrecting PHP (7) bindings ?]

Even Rouault-2

Hi,

just to inform that I've acceepted 2 pull requests in master to remove the PHP and Ruby bindings, which haven't seen any activity in years, from the source tree

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: PHP and Ruby bindings gone [was: Anyone interested in resurrecting PHP (7) bindings ?]

Ben Elliston
On 02/05/18 19:37, Even Rouault wrote:

> just to inform that I've acceepted 2 pull requests in master to remove
> the PHP and Ruby bindings, which haven't seen any activity in years,
> from the source tree

Perhaps the wiki should be updated?

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/#GDALOGRInOtherLanguages

Cheers, Ben

Re: PHP and Ruby bindings gone [was: Anyone interested in resurrecting PHP (7) bindings ?]

Ari Jolma-2
Updated.

I also added the new FFI based Perl API that I'm working on.

Ari