[gdal-dev] Alternative to seekgb in g2clib?

[gdal-dev] Alternative to seekgb in g2clib?

Jaewoong Jung
Hello,

Could you recommend an alternative way to scan and extract information from grib2 files without using seekgb, which has been excluded from gdal recently?

I own a piece of code at Google that uses gdal g2clib to parse grib2 files. It's really simple code that scans all grib messages in a file using seekgb and extracts the core information my project is interested in.

The recent removal of seekgb broke the code. Though I could simply copy the logic into my code, I wonder if there's an alternative way to achieve the goal using a different function in the gdal library.

Cheers,
Jaewoong

Re: Alternative to seekgb in g2clib?

Even Rouault-2

Jaewoong,

I think copying the logic into your code is the best option. Ideally you shouldn't rely on GDAL implementation details that are not part of the GDAL API (in some builds those symbols might not even be exported)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com