free Geocoders

Ndamulelo Mudau
Good morning,

I've got a list of +-40 thousands addresses to geocode, meaning I cannot do it manually. I came accross a Google API geocoder which i ended up using although it did not geocode everything. only the addresses in the right formats (eg 123 Madiba street, Hatfield, Pretoria 0183) were geocoded.

Is there any geocoder I could use? preferably I want a geocoder that will look for the full address first, but if it can't return it then it must roll up and look for the area name and return the centroid.

___
Regards
Mudau N
0829358587

Re: free Geocoders

Tim Sutton-6
You can also check out:

And

Regards

Tim

On 13 Jun 2018, at 10:42, Ndamulelo Mudau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Good morning,

I've got a list of +-40 thousands addresses to geocode, meaning I cannot do it manually. I came accross a Google API geocoder which i ended up using although it did not geocode everything. only the addresses in the right formats (eg 123 Madiba street, Hatfield, Pretoria 0183) were geocoded.

Is there any geocoder I could use? preferably I want a geocoder that will look for the full address first, but if it can't return it then it must roll up and look for the area name and return the centroid.

___
Regards
Mudau N
0829358587

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: free Geocoders

Ndamulelo Mudau
good day all,

Thank you for all the recommendations. I am trying each one of them and will come back to give feedback.

 Thank you.
___
Regards
Mudau N
0829358587

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:57 Rahul Gawai, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
[...]

Nic Klopper
Hi Ndamulelo

I'm sure I can help you.  We assist many companies to do geocoding via 1map.

If you're still searching for a solution, call me on 083 445 0211.

Regards

Nic

 .
1map cloud logoNic Klopper