foss4g 2016 and 2017 metrics

Cameron Shorter
Hi FOSS4G 2016 and 2017 teams,

In prior years we have collected registration metrics in order to help
predict future attendance.

You can see prior metrics here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpkO5WOFQ_DZEWNMLj_hAhEre0m0io_j-JGf7geAW5Y/edit#gid=57

Are we able to get similar metrics for FOSS4G 2016 and 2017?

If someone is able to update the spreadsheet, let me know your google id
and I'll provide you with write access to this spreadsheet.

Warm regards,

--
Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254

Re: foss4g 2016 and 2017 metrics

Michael Terner
Hey Cameron:
I would be pleased to update the sheet which was a tremendous resource to us (i.e., we referred to it regularly through the process). You can use my email account (which is powered by GMail) for the share: [hidden email].

As my team knows, and would occasionally tease me about, we were fairly fanatical about tracking our metrics throughout the process. You'll see a couple of examples of the data from our own tracking sheets below (although I need to "finish" off the data now that we have our onsite registration numbers).

I would also note that while the RegDate tab is pretty well populated many of the other tabs in this sheet are not in very good order and there are large data gaps. We have good data on countries who attended, and abstracts received, and sponsor support. In other words, there's a fair amount of clutter in this sheet and I might respectfully suggest that it undergo some house cleaning (or get forked into a cleaner state). As appropriate, I would be happy to provide a template for tabs (with the 2017 data) on countries, abstracts and sponsors that might be somewhat scalable for housing info from future conferences (or for others to dig out the older historical data if so inclined).

Thanks in advance for providing access. We will make good use of it.

MT

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi FOSS4G 2016 and 2017 teams,

In prior years we have collected registration metrics in order to help predict future attendance.

You can see prior metrics here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BpkO5WOFQ_DZEWNMLj_hAhEre0m0io_j-JGf7geAW5Y/edit#gid=57

Are we able to get similar metrics for FOSS4G 2016 and 2017?

If someone is able to update the spreadsheet, let me know your google id and I'll provide you with write access to this spreadsheet.

Warm regards,

--
Cameron Shorter
M <a href="tel:%2B61%20419%20142%20254" value="+61419142254" target="_blank">+61 419 142 254

Michael Terner
Executive Vice President
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108

www.AppGeo.com

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).

Re: foss4g 2016 and 2017 metrics

Cameron Shorter

Michael,

Write access has been granted to you for the foss4g metrics sheet.

I'm delighted to hear that you found these past metrics useful, and provides some personal validation that the time spend creating it was worth it.

I agree with you that this spreadsheet has become quite unwieldy and would benefit from a clean up. It would be wonderful if you would like to take that task on. All I request is that we don't loose any prior information. I think your idea of forking the spreadsheet sounds good - even if we copy the old spreadsheet into a branch release (new URL), and have your new spreadsheet keep the old URL.

Warm regards, Cameron

On 23/8/17 11:39 pm, Michael Terner wrote:
[...]

M <a href="tel:%2B61%20419%20142%20254" value="+61419142254" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">+61 419 142 254