format of timestamps

Christoph Jung
Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused about dates/timestamps in QGIS. I created a column in PostGIS to store timestamps in iso8601 format. If I load the table into QGIS and open the attribute table, the timestamp will be shown like in pgAdmin:

 Thats all fine. But when I export the table into GeoJSON (right click on the layer - export), the format of the timestamp changes a bit:
I know that iso8601 offers different writings of the timestamps and both should follow iso8601. But nonetheless the characters are differing. Is it a general „problem“, did anybody noticed it before?

Sincerely,
Christoph

Re: format of timestamps

Matthias Kuhn 🌍

Hi Christoph,

On export you can also choose in the field export options to use the display string (Check "Replace with displayed value" for this field).

In the layer properties -> attributes form of your layer it's possible to define how QGIS will display and format your date, you might possibly want to tune something in there too.

I hope that helps

Matthias

On 5/22/19 8:45 AM, Christoph Jung wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused about dates/timestamps in QGIS. I created a column in PostGIS to store timestamps in iso8601 format. If I load the table into QGIS and open the attribute table, the timestamp will be shown like in pgAdmin:

 Thats all fine. But when I export the table into GeoJSON (right click on the layer - export), the format of the timestamp changes a bit:
I know that iso8601 offers different writings of the timestamps and both should follow iso8601. But nonetheless the characters are differing. Is it a general „problem“, did anybody noticed it before?

Sincerely,
Christoph

Re: format of timestamps

Christoph Jung
Hi Matthias,

thank you for the hint, it works very well.

Sincerely,
Christoph

Am 22.05.2019 um 08:51 schrieb Matthias Kuhn <[hidden email]>:

Hi Christoph,

On export you can also choose in the field export options to use the display string (Check "Replace with displayed value" for this field).

In the layer properties -> attributes form of your layer it's possible to define how QGIS will display and format your date, you might possibly want to tune something in there too.

I hope that helps

Matthias

On 5/22/19 8:45 AM, Christoph Jung wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused about dates/timestamps in QGIS. I created a column in PostGIS to store timestamps in iso8601 format. If I load the table into QGIS and open the attribute table, the timestamp will be shown like in pgAdmin:

<Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-21 um 18.40.18.png>
 Thats all fine. But when I export the table into GeoJSON (right click on the layer - export), the format of the timestamp changes a bit:
<Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-21 um 18.40.37.png>