finances and hackfest

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

finances and hackfest

pcav
Hi all.
I put down some of the ideas that ran freely during last PSC meeting:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Finances
please add your comments; once the proposal for the hackmeeting will be
finalized, we can start working for make it (hopefully) possible.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: finances and hackfest

Richard Duivenvoorde
Hi Paolo,

I know of some plans of  Jeroen Ticheler to organize a OSGeo Hacking
event near Bolsena from 16-22 june:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Hacking_event
Is it an idea to combine/communicate?

Richard Duivenvoorde


Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I put down some of the ideas that ran freely during last PSC meeting:
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Finances
> please add your comments; once the proposal for the hackmeeting will be
> finalized, we can start working for make it (hopefully) possible.
> All the best.
> pc

_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: finances and hackfest

pcav
Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:

> I know of some plans of  Jeroen Ticheler to organize a OSGeo Hacking
> event near Bolsena from 16-22 june:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Hacking_event
> Is it an idea to combine/communicate?

good idea (even though I do not love monastries...). would some of the
qgis-dev be interested? in case (and if there is spare place), we could
start looking for funds. in case, we have to be quick (june is near).
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: finances and hackfest

Martin Dobias
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
>
>
>  > I know of some plans of  Jeroen Ticheler to organize a OSGeo Hacking
>  > event near Bolsena from 16-22 june:
>  > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Hacking_event
>  > Is it an idea to combine/communicate?
>
>  good idea (even though I do not love monastries...). would some of the
>  qgis-dev be interested? in case (and if there is spare place), we could
>  start looking for funds. in case, we have to be quick (june is near).

Hi,
I'd like to come, however the event doesn't suit well for my schedule:
I have exams during June, every week one or two of them... maybe the
first week would be okay for me :)

Martin
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: finances and hackfest

Tim Sutton
Hi

Personally I would like to have a dedicated QGIS event - it will be
smaller and we can be more flexible in our arrangements. Also we need
to really focus on geting QGIS 1.0 release ready and I am worried
interacting with people from other projects (though interesting) will
distract us from the core reason for the hackfest. We should
definately arrange the event to be after Martin and other students are
finished their exams. Martin can you give some idea of when a good
time to hold the hackfest would be? First week of June is not good for
me. How about we hold it in July?

Regards

Tim

2008/3/7, Martin Dobias <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  > Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
>  >
>  >
>  >  > I know of some plans of  Jeroen Ticheler to organize a OSGeo Hacking
>  >  > event near Bolsena from 16-22 june:
>  >  > http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Hacking_event
>  >  > Is it an idea to combine/communicate?
>  >
>  >  good idea (even though I do not love monastries...). would some of the
>  >  qgis-dev be interested? in case (and if there is spare place), we could
>  >  start looking for funds. in case, we have to be quick (june is near).
>
>
> Hi,
>  I'd like to come, however the event doesn't suit well for my schedule:
>  I have exams during June, every week one or two of them... maybe the
>  first week would be okay for me :)
>
>
>  Martin
>
> _______________________________________________
>  Qgis-developer mailing list
>  [hidden email]
>  http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
>


--
Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: finances and hackfest

Martin Dobias
On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
>  Personally I would like to have a dedicated QGIS event - it will be
>  smaller and we can be more flexible in our arrangements. Also we need
>  to really focus on geting QGIS 1.0 release ready and I am worried
>  interacting with people from other projects (though interesting) will
>  distract us from the core reason for the hackfest. We should
>  definately arrange the event to be after Martin and other students are
>  finished their exams. Martin can you give some idea of when a good
>  time to hold the hackfest would be? First week of June is not good for
>  me. How about we hold it in July?

Hi Tim,
when speaking about July, probably first week could be fine, then in
the middle of July I'm leaving to India for about two months so I
won't be able to participate until mid-September...
Maybe also May would be possible, however I have no idea whether it's
possible to organize such a hackfest in a short time period.

Martin
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: finances and hackfest

Tim Sutton
Hi

2008/3/7, Martin Dobias <[hidden email]>:

>
> Hi Tim,
>  when speaking about July, probably first week could be fine, then in
>  the middle of July I'm leaving to India for about two months so I
>  won't be able to participate until mid-September...
>  Maybe also May would be possible, however I have no idea whether it's
>  possible to organize such a hackfest in a short time period.
>
>

Lets aiim for first week in July then  - May is too short notice and I
will not be in May then. Obviously we need to see when others can
attend too. Perhaps mid September will be too late if we are trying to
get 1.0 out for the end of September (or maybe its the perfect time to
do final cleanups???).

Regards

Tim

>  Martin
>


--
Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.qgis.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer