final day: proposals for FOSS4G2019

Till Adams-3
Dear BLOC/SLOC & @ConfComm!

I am sure, that you have the date in mind, so this is just a general
reminder for you and for the members of OSGeo's conference committee:
With today, the day to hand in your final proposals for FOSS4G 2019 has
come. See [1] for our time schedule.

For the voting members of OSgeo's conference committee, I have the
request to be prepared, please review the proposals carefully and use
the timeframe between 5th-15th of December to ask your questions.

!!!Also be preprared, that the voting period will be from 15th to 18th
of December!!! We need your votes!!! I will send out a seperate mail in
time to remind and to explain the procedure once again.

Again for BLOC & SLOC, be prepared to answer the questions in time via
this mailing list. I will sum up all questions and answers in the WIKI.
It's up to you, whether you want to answer question by question or wait
some days and then reply to all in one or two emails.

Regards, Till

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_Bid_Process

Re: final day: proposals for FOSS4G2019

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear Till,

Thank you for the reminder! BLOC proposal will be sent in due time.

Best,
Vasile

On 12/4/17 9:51 AM, Till Adams wrote:

> Dear BLOC/SLOC & @ConfComm!
>
> I am sure, that you have the date in mind, so this is just a general
> reminder for you and for the members of OSGeo's conference committee:
> With today, the day to hand in your final proposals for FOSS4G 2019 has
> come. See [1] for our time schedule.
>
> For the voting members of OSgeo's conference committee, I have the
> request to be prepared, please review the proposals carefully and use
> the timeframe between 5th-15th of December to ask your questions.
>
> !!!Also be preprared, that the voting period will be from 15th to 18th
> of December!!! We need your votes!!! I will send out a seperate mail in
> time to remind and to explain the procedure once again.
>
> Again for BLOC & SLOC, be prepared to answer the questions in time via
> this mailing list. I will sum up all questions and answers in the WIKI.
> It's up to you, whether you want to answer question by question or wait
> some days and then reply to all in one or two emails.
>

> Regards, Till
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_Bid_Process

Re: final day: proposals for FOSS4G2019

delawen
Hi,

I have a question: we can send some sensitive data to the conference committee chair directly instead of the mailing list. But the chair defined in http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html is also not anymore on the committee. Who should I send the email then? It looks like TIll has been managing this, but I am not sure he is the right person for this.

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Maria,

I think Till is the right person as committee chair. The main page is
not updated but the wiki one is [1]

Best,
Vasile

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee

On 12/4/17 12:18 PM, María Arias de Reyna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question: we can send some sensitive data to the conference
> committee chair directly instead of the mailing list. But the chair
> defined in
> http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html is also
> not anymore on the committee. Who should I send the email then? It looks
> like TIll has been managing this, but I am not sure he is the right
> person for this.
>
> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Vasile Craciunescu
>
>     Dear Till,
>
>     Thank you for the reminder! BLOC proposal will be sent in due time.
>
>     Best,
>     Vasile
>

>     On 12/4/17 9:51 AM, Till Adams wrote:
>
>         Dear BLOC/SLOC & @ConfComm!
>
>         I am sure, that you have the date in mind, so this is just a general
>         reminder for you and for the members of OSGeo's conference
>         committee:
>         With today, the day to hand in your final proposals for FOSS4G
>         2019 has
>         come. See [1] for our time schedule.
>
>         For the voting members of OSgeo's conference committee, I have the
>         request to be prepared, please review the proposals carefully
>         and use
>         the timeframe between 5th-15th of December to ask your questions.
>
>         !!!Also be preprared, that the voting period will be from 15th
>         to 18th
>         of December!!! We need your votes!!! I will send out a seperate
>         mail in
>         time to remind and to explain the procedure once again.
>
>         Again for BLOC & SLOC, be prepared to answer the questions in
>         time via
>         this mailing list. I will sum up all questions and answers in
>         the WIKI.
>         It's up to you, whether you want to answer question by question
>         or wait
>         some days and then reply to all in one or two emails.
>

>         Regards, Till
>

>         [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_Bid_Process
>         <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_Bid_Process>

Re: final day: proposals for FOSS4G2019

Till Adams-3

Dear Maria,

there has been a vote on CC's chair after Steven stepped back a year ago and although it was not officially announced, I guess, that most of the members voted me ;-). that was the reason, hy I took the lead for orchestrating the RfP process for 2019.

To answer your question: Yes, you (and also Vasile) can send the sensitive data directly to me and I will share it (only) with the voting members of the CC.

Till