final call friday - for software projects on beta website

final call friday - for software projects on beta website

jody.garnett
Final call for projects to fill in information for the beta website, please have content in by Friday August 9th for inclusion in the beta website as shown at foss4g next week.

The data collection forms are here:
If you have already provided your content - thank you. Please review the result online osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects. We can make any corrections needed if you stop by the OSGeo booth.

A reminder that this website is open to all open source spatial projects, so if your project is spatial please fill in the form to be listed.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: final call friday - for software projects on beta website

Regina Obe

Why do all the images look warped?

Re: final call friday - for software projects on beta website

Jeffrey Johnson
Its being worked on. They will provide guidance on the appropriate
size and just resize these.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Regina Obe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why do all the images look warped?

Yep, one of the reasons to have content is to play test the beta website.

If you do spot anything amiss we are collecting bug reports here in github - https://github.com/osgeo/osgeo/issues

--
Jody Garnett

On 9 August 2017 at 13:04, Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its being worked on. They will provide guidance on the appropriate
size and just resize these.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Regina Obe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why do all the images look warped?

Tom Kralidis
Same here for pycsw (a week or two ago).

..Tom

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just submitted for OpenLayers, should it be instantly visible or does it
> go through moderation?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bart
>

> On 09-08-17 20:26, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
> Final call for projects to fill in information for the beta website, please
> have content in by Friday August 9th for inclusion in the beta website as
> shown at foss4g next week.
>
> The data collection forms are here:
>
> Software Projects
> Service Providers
> Resources
>
> If you have already provided your content - thank you. Please review the
> result online osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects. We can make any corrections
> needed if you stop by the OSGeo booth.
>
> A reminder that this website is open to all open source spatial projects, so
> if your project is spatial please fill in the form to be listed.
> --
> Jody Garnett

Re: final call friday - for software projects on beta website

Massimiliano Cannata
Same here for istSOS

Same here for pycsw (a week or two ago).

..Tom

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just submitted for OpenLayers, should it be instantly visible or does it
> go through moderation?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bart
>

> On 09-08-17 20:26, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
> Final call for projects to fill in information for the beta website, please
> have content in by Friday August 9th for inclusion in the beta website as
> shown at foss4g next week.
>
> The data collection forms are here:
>
> Software Projects
> Service Providers
> Resources
>
> If you have already provided your content - thank you. Please review the
> result online osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects. We can make any corrections
> needed if you stop by the OSGeo booth.
>
> A reminder that this website is open to all open source spatial projects, so
> if your project is spatial please fill in the form to be listed.
> --
> Jody Garnett

Massimiliano Cannata

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09

[hidden email]

www.supsi.ch/ist

Re: final call friday - for software projects on beta website

jody.garnett
It is a manual process, rather than do content migration we are collecting more detailed information on these forms. Get Interactive migrated the projects that had been added ahead of our meeting on wednesday.

I had added the geoserver one personally buy hand (partly why it looks troubled). We asked Get Interactive to hold off doing all the conversions for a few days while we asked the email lists for more content (there was only one local chapter for example.)

We are only doing these google forms because our volunteers on the system admin committee were unable to set up LDAP allowing us to login to the beta website. For foss4g they offered to whitelist the code sprint location and make temporary accounts for those attending. This goes above and beyond our contract and is a pretty nice gesture - and was better than cancelling the training we had paid for.

--
Jody Garnett

On 10 August 2017 at 01:05, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I see, Get Interactive must not of converted everything for our meeting on wednesday .

The list of responses is here if you want to confirm your form has been recieved:

--
Jody Garnett

On 10 August 2017 at 05:04, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> wrote:
Same here for istSOS

Same here for pycsw (a week or two ago).

..Tom

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just submitted for OpenLayers, should it be instantly visible or does it
> go through moderation?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bart
>

> On 09-08-17 20:26, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
> Final call for projects to fill in information for the beta website, please
> have content in by Friday August 9th for inclusion in the beta website as
> shown at foss4g next week.
>
> The data collection forms are here:
>
> Software Projects
> Service Providers
> Resources
>
> If you have already provided your content - thank you. Please review the
> result online osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects. We can make any corrections
> needed if you stop by the OSGeo booth.
>
> A reminder that this website is open to all open source spatial projects, so
> if your project is spatial please fill in the form to be listed.
> --
> Jody Garnett

Massimiliano Cannata

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Campus Trevano, CH - 6952 Canobbio

Tel. <a href="tel:+41%2058%20666%2062%2014" value="+41586666214" target="_blank">+41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax <a href="tel:+41%2058%20666%2062%2009" value="+41586666209" target="_blank">+41 (0)58 666 62 09

[hidden email]

www.supsi.ch/ist