fgf 2d - 3d

Haris Kurtagic

Hi,

Is there in FDO libraries a function for converting 3d fgf to 2d fgf ( wkb ) ?

Autodesk Map is setting 3d geometry into spatial filter, I need to change that to 2d wkb.

Thank you,

Haris

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Dan Stoica

Hi,

There is not such function.

However, a “FdoSpatial: Implement dimensionality converter for geometries” topic is our list of things to do (has to be approved, first).

Cheers,

Dan.

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Traian Stanev

Not sure if you need WKB or FGF output (not the same), but in either case, you may be able to reuse OgrFdoUtil::Fgf2Wkb() from the OGR provider. This function does use the 2.5D WKB extension for output, but you can probably comment that out to output 2D WKB directly. It’s not perfect but could be easily reusable.

Traian

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Haris Kurtagic

thanks

However, a “FdoSpatial: Implement dimensionality converter for geometries” topic is our list of things to do (has to be approved, first).

Cheers,

Dan.

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Haris Kurtagic

I need to convert 2d wkb (but ig get 2d fgf i can convert to 2d wkb trough existing functions)

In version of ogr provider I have ( i believe it is very old) , it is not implemented  (OgrConnection::Fgf2Wkb ).

I supose I need to get latest ogr provider from svn?

Haris

Not sure if you need WKB or FGF output (not the same), but in either case, you may be able to reuse OgrFdoUtil::Fgf2Wkb() from the OGR provider. This function does use the 2.5D WKB extension for output, but you can probably comment that out to output 2D WKB directly. It’s not perfect but could be easily reusable.

Traian

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Traian Stanev

Yes, I only implemented it when I added support for insert and update. It doesn’t do arcs, so don’t bother looking if you need those.

Traian

Not sure if you need WKB or FGF output (not the same), but in either case, you may be able to reuse OgrFdoUtil::Fgf2Wkb() from the OGR provider. This function does use the 2.5D WKB extension for output, but you can probably comment that out to output 2D WKB directly. It’s not perfect but could be easily reusable.

Traian

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Haris Kurtagic

But I will take it from svn. I am curious how you implemented inserts :)

Thanks,

Haris

Yes, I only implemented it when I added support for insert and update. It doesn’t do arcs, so don’t bother looking if you need those.

Traian

Not sure if you need WKB or FGF output (not the same), but in either case, you may be able to reuse OgrFdoUtil::Fgf2Wkb() from the OGR provider. This function does use the 2.5D WKB extension for output, but you can probably comment that out to output 2D WKB directly. It’s not perfect but could be easily reusable.

Traian

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Traian Stanev

Just like everything else in that provider – in as few characters as possible!

But I will take it from svn. I am curious how you implemented inserts :)

Thanks,

Haris

Yes, I only implemented it when I added support for insert and update. It doesn’t do arcs, so don’t bother looking if you need those.

Traian

Not sure if you need WKB or FGF output (not the same), but in either case, you may be able to reuse OgrFdoUtil::Fgf2Wkb() from the OGR provider. This function does use the 2.5D WKB extension for output, but you can probably comment that out to output 2D WKB directly. It’s not perfect but could be easily reusable.

Traian

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Haris Kurtagic

And I have a first very minimal version of it and it was best starting point for me.

Just like everything else in that provider – in as few characters as possible!

But I will take it from svn. I am curious how you implemented inserts :)

Thanks,

Haris

Yes, I only implemented it when I added support for insert and update. It doesn’t do arcs, so don’t bother looking if you need those.

Traian

Not sure if you need WKB or FGF output (not the same), but in either case, you may be able to reuse OgrFdoUtil::Fgf2Wkb() from the OGR provider. This function does use the 2.5D WKB extension for output, but you can probably comment that out to output 2D WKB directly. It’s not perfect but could be easily reusable.

Traian

RE: fgf 2d - 3d

Greg Boone

If such functionality is being used by multiple providers, why not create an FDO RFC to move the required methods up into the FdoSpatial API?

Greg

[...]

Yes, that would be fine. I suspect Autodesk has it on the list so.. ?

BTW:

I have developed a new open source FDO provider for MS Sql Server.

It is based on open source project MsSQLSpatial  http://www.codeplex.com/MsSqlSpatial

First impression is that it is working nicely.

I need this because I am running it also in Autodesk MAP and MAP is setting 3d geometry in spatial filter.

That is not supported by NTS.

 I will release a first version tomorrow and publish it on users lists.

Haris

[...]

If you send me your exact requirements (A set of function definition(s) with input parameters and return types would do) I would be happy to write up an RFC.

There is no set schedule when Autodesk will get to the point to start this task itself and a set of final requirements may be weeks away. If I write the RFC and get the PSC (which includes Autodesk members J) to agree and approve then we could move this process forward more quickly. I see no reason why you could not implement it in the FDO API yourself.

Greg