fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

Till Adams-3
Dear CC,

time is running fast and after our call for application we now have the
1st application of FOSS4G NA for support of their TGP. As the conference
already takes place in April, I would suggest, that we decide fast to
support their TGP with 2K US $ - although our call for application is
still open:

In total we have 25k Us $ of which up to 15k US $ are for the global F4G
in Bucharest. That leaves us at least 8k US $ for other events.

Motion: Support TGP of F4G NA with 2k US $.

Please send your motion until 31st of March (not received votes will be
counted as "silent +1" ;-))

Till

Re: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

Eli Adam

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:01 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear CC,

time is running fast and after our call for application we now have the
1st application of FOSS4G NA for support of their TGP. As the conference
already takes place in April, I would suggest, that we decide fast to
support their TGP with 2K US $ - although our call for application is
still open:

In total we have 25k Us $ of which up to 15k US $ are for the global F4G
in Bucharest. That leaves us at least 8k US $ for other events.

Motion: Support TGP of F4G NA with 2k US $.

+1, let's see how it goes.

Eli

Please send your motion until 31st of March (not received votes will be
counted as "silent +1" ;-))

Till

Re: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

stevenfeldman
+1
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 27 Mar 2019, at 11:01, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear CC,

time is running fast and after our call for application we now have the
1st application of FOSS4G NA for support of their TGP. As the conference
already takes place in April, I would suggest, that we decide fast to
support their TGP with 2K US $ - although our call for application is
still open:

In total we have 25k Us $ of which up to 15k US $ are for the global F4G
in Bucharest. That leaves us at least 8k US $ for other events.

Motion: Support TGP of F4G NA with 2k US $.

Please send your motion until 31st of March (not received votes will be
counted as "silent +1" ;-))

Till

Re: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

jody.garnett
Thanks Till / CC for the quick response.

If it helps the event TGP is up and has a donate button for the OSGeo TGP, we have also received an additional sponsor which really helps.

I have updated the following pages:

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:01 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear CC,

time is running fast and after our call for application we now have the
1st application of FOSS4G NA for support of their TGP. As the conference
already takes place in April, I would suggest, that we decide fast to
support their TGP with 2K US $ - although our call for application is
still open:

In total we have 25k Us $ of which up to 15k US $ are for the global F4G
in Bucharest. That leaves us at least 8k US $ for other events.

Motion: Support TGP of F4G NA with 2k US $.

Please send your motion until 31st of March (not received votes will be
counted as "silent +1" ;-))

Till

R: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

Maria Antonia Brovelli
+1

Thanks! And cheers
Maria

Re: R: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

Cameron Shorter

+1 for US events.

Re comment on silence = +1 below. I assume this was part joke, part serious. (It is funny). However, on a serious note, I think we should be careful not to implement such a practice without first discussing and then formalising in our official decision making process.

If taken to extreme (with a 1 hour response time), it could be used to fast track a self-serving decision by a vested interest.

On 28/3/19 4:03 am, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:
+1

Thanks! And cheers
Maria

[...]

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: R: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

Sanghee Shin

+1 for the FOSS4G NA TGP support.

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2019 3 28일 목요일 오전 7:44
받는 사람: [hidden email]
참조: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] R: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

+1 For US TGP support.

mt

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:32 PM Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 for US events.

Re comment on silence = +1 below. I assume this was part joke, part serious. (It is funny). However, on a serious note, I think we should be careful not to implement such a practice without first discussing and then formalising in our official decision making process.

If taken to extreme (with a 1 hour response time), it could be used to fast track a self-serving decision by a vested interest.

On 28/3/19 4:03 am, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:

+1

Thanks! And cheers

Maria

Re: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

tadams
Dear Conference Committee, dear Jody,

our motion to support the TGP of F4G NA with 2.000 US $ from our budget
has passed with no abstentions, no dissenting votes.

I have to check with the board (or maybe Jody as a ember of the board,
you can ;-)? ) on how the technical part with the money transfer works ...

So far, Till

Am 28.03.19 um 16:33 schrieb Mark Iliffe:

> +1
>
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 11:27, David William Bitner <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     +1
>
>     On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:27 AM Peter Batty <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         +1
>
>         On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Till Adams
>
>             Dear CC,
>
>             time is running fast and after our call for application we
>             now have the
>             1st application of FOSS4G NA for support of their TGP. As
>             the conference
>             already takes place in April, I would suggest, that we
>             decide fast to
>             support their TGP with 2K US $ - although our call for
>             application is
>             still open:
>
>             In total we have 25k Us $ of which up to 15k US $ are for
>             the global F4G
>             in Bucharest. That leaves us at least 8k US $ for other events.
>
>             Motion: Support TGP of F4G NA with 2k US $.
>
>             Please send your motion until 31st of March (not received
>             votes will be
>             counted as "silent +1" ;-))
>
>             Till

>     --

SHOGun - das WebGIS Framework.
Jetzt umsteigen! QGIS 3 ist verfügbar.

Mail: [hidden email]
Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 52

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 51
Fax.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 57

Internet: www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835

Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen, Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer
Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: fast motion on TGP application of F4G NA

stevenfeldman
Great news

Jody, If I can help at all let me know

______

       <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

We made a draft here on how money works, and I have the action to turn it into a PDF:

TLDR: you as a OSGeo officer let the treasurer know in an email (you can link to the email thread where the motion passed to make it extra official). Tho king being your are covered by our insurance and are acting on behalf of conference committee

Jody Garnett