failure with modopt and rejout

Severino
I have downloaded and installed ossimplanet in my computer (Windows XP).
I run correl on two Geotiff orthorectifed images that have a small disparty.
It produced the two tiepoint files attached to this email (difftiepts.txt and tiepts.xml).
But modopt produced the following error:

C:\Archivos de programa\ossimplanet>modopt tiepts.xml
WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::loadGMLTieSet cannot open file tiepts.xml
WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::optimize() should use more than 13 tie points for
model: ossimPolynomProjection{1 x y x2 xy y2 x3 y3 xy2 x2y z xz yz}
FATAL ossimPolynomProjection::fitToTiePoints(): empty tie point set
WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::optimize() failed optimization for ossimPolynomPro
jection{1 x y x2 xy y2 x3 y3 xy2 x2y z xz yz}

Rejout also failed with a crash. The windows report on the program crash are in the attached af2c_appcompat.txt.

Does anyone have some hint about what could be wrong?

Regards

difftiepts.txt (74K) Download Attachment
tiepts.xml (425K) Download Attachment
af2c_appcompat.txt (204K) Download Attachment

Re: failure with modopt and rejout

Hernán De Angelis
Hi!

It does not look like a problem with the correlation programs
themselves, but more like a library thing:

> WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::loadGMLTieSet cannot open file tiepts.xml

but the file is there ...

Hernán

2008/11/4 Severino Fernandez <[hidden email]>:

> I have downloaded and installed ossimplanet in my computer (Windows XP).
> I run correl on two Geotiff orthorectifed images that have a small disparty.
> It produced the two tiepoint files attached to this email (difftiepts.txt
> and tiepts.xml).
> But modopt produced the following error:
>
> C:\Archivos de programa\ossimplanet>modopt tiepts.xml
> WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::loadGMLTieSet cannot open file tiepts.xml
> WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::optimize() should use more than 13 tie points
> for
> model: ossimPolynomProjection{1 x y x2 xy y2 x3 y3 xy2 x2y z xz yz}
> FATAL ossimPolynomProjection::fitToTiePoints(): empty tie point set
> WARNING: ossimModelOptimizer::optimize() failed optimization for
> ossimPolynomPro
> jection{1 x y x2 xy y2 x3 y3 xy2 x2y z xz yz}
>
> Rejout also failed with a crash. The windows report on the program crash are
> in the attached af2c_appcompat.txt.
>
> Does anyone have some hint about what could be wrong?
>
> Regards

Hernán De Angelis
Linux user # 397217

Re: failure with modopt and rejout

Frederic Claudel
Hello Severino,
I've downlaoded OssimPlanet 1.7.13.minimal : I get the same error.
So I reduced the length of tiepts.xml by cropping it after line 1847 (still you need to close tag <TiePointSet>), and it worked OK

>modopt -d "ossimPolynomProjection{1 x y}" tiepts.xml
RMS=3.88635 pixels

S I guess there might be a problem for large XML files/or repeatable nodes ?
It is not a good idea to crop the tiepoints file, because they won't be evenly spread.
So the bug should be fixed I guess.

PS :
Once fixed, you can also try using rejout instead of modopt

C:\Program Files\ossimplanet>rejout -d "ossimPolynomProjection{1 x y z}" -a 1.5 -i 0.55 tiepts.xml
INFO: max number of RANSAC iterations = 24
INFO: samples before RANSAC = 92
INFO: model finds 35.8696% inliers
INFO: model finds 11.9565% inliers
INFO: model finds 4.34783% inliers
INFO: model finds 15.2174% inliers
INFO: model finds 10.8696% inliers
INFO: model finds 14.1304% inliers
INFO: model finds 64.1304% inliers

Re: failure with modopt and rejout

Garrett Potts
Hello All:

Hmmm, I know the XML parser doesn't have a limit but memory. I wonder if there was a hardcoded limit placed somewhere for the model estimate for some reason.  Not sure where to look.

Take care

Garrett