extracting information from the overlap of two shapefiles into a table

extracting information from the overlap of two shapefiles into a table

Anahi Formoso
Dear users,

I am new in Quantum Gis and I am trying to do the following:

I have a grid shapefile with 0.25 degree cells and a shapefile (poligon) with the distribution of one species. I have 71 species, so I have 71 shapefiles.

I want to overlay each species poligon with the grid and extract in a table in which cell of my grid is each species.

How can I do this?
I have used the intersect tool and I get a shapefile as output. The first column of the attribute table of this shapefile is the information I need, but is there a way to do this with all the species at the same time?

Thanks in advance!
Anahí

Re: extracting information from the overlap of two shapefiles into a table

Anita Graser
Dear Anahi,

Please post questions about the usage of QGIS on the user mailing list.

This list is focused on usability issues.

Best wishes,
Anita