executing queryMapFeatures

Jamo
Hey team,

I've been messing around with the react mapguide interface and I'm stuck on
how to execute a search that returns a specific feature based on a property
value...

So far I've landed on getting the ViewerActions.getViewer() and executing
the queryMapFeatures.
I'm sure there's a better way of doing this just have't found it yet.
I thought that both the FeatureSet and SelectedFeatures arrays would be in
the same order?

-----
MapGuide Maestro 6.0.0.8587
MapGuide Opensource 3.0.0.8701
Fusion, PHP, Apache
Windows 7 Pro SP1

MapGuide Maestro 6.0.0.8587
MapGuide Opensource 3.0.0.8701
Fusion, PHP, Apache
Windows 7 Pro SP1

Re: executing queryMapFeatures

Jackie Ng
queryMapFeatures is poorly named in that your means of query is either:

 1. An input geometry from a mouse selection
 2. An existing selection set as XML

The operation is not for generic feature querying, but rather feature
querying from user/viewer-driven map selection operations.

Based on your requirements, I'm afraid you need to have a custom server-side
.net/Java/PHP command that uses MgFeatureService to query your features and
have your viewer call into that.

- Jackie

Re: executing queryMapFeatures

Jamo
Thanks Jackie...
Was hoping there was a clientside call to the webservice... no matter I can
go about it with the custom server-side call

Thanks for the heads up would of been going around in circles for a while.

-----