error when trying to add a png graphic in maestro 4.0

error when trying to add a png graphic in maestro 4.0

smadajamesb
I am new to Maestro and I'm having trouble adding a graphic to represent points. Here are my steps.

1. I add a new Simple Simple definition resource
2. Select Edit as XML
3. Select the Add button and choose my .png file
4. In the graphics section I click add, chose image and select the resource data name of my png file.

After I save and enter the symbol name  the error message comes up "the simple symbol definition contains an image graphic that references a non existent resource id"

what am I doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks,

-Jamie