error in returning shape files from geoserver

error in returning shape files from geoserver

amanriquem
Hi, i have the following configuration

- GeoServer 1.3.0-RC7
- Linux Red Hat 8.0
- Postgres 8.0 with Postgis and GEOS

  Ii created a featuretype called "paises" which is stored in a postrgress database

when i type the following

http://10.8.0.1:2080/geoserver/wfs?request=getfeature&service=wms&version=1.0.0&typename=paises

Geoserver returns data in GML format, but when i type

http://10.8.0.1:2080/geoserver/wfs?request=getfeature&service=wms&version=1.0.0&typename=paises&outputformat=SHAPE-ZIP

an error happends,

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0"   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc http://10.8.0.1:2080/geoserver/schemas//wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">

        <ServiceException>

      java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmppaises.shp (No such file or directory)
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

    /tmppaises.shp is rigth writen, i doesn't have the separator between directory and file "/"

 I notice that the file paises.shp exists in /tmp directory, as it shows

[geoserver@lnx tmp]$ ls -l paises*
-rw-rw-r--    1 geoserver geoserver   159596 Jan 16 13:30 paises.dbf
-rw-rw-r--    1 geoserver geoserver  1537144 Jan 16 13:30 paises.shp
-rw-rw-r--    1 geoserver geoserver     1772 Jan 16 13:30 paises.shx
[geoserver@lnx tmp]$

  What is wrong? ,, what can i do in order to reach the goal (Geoserver return data in shape file)  .

  Thanks in advance.

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

Justin Deoliveira-4
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report, I was able to reproduce it. The fix will get
into 1.3.0.

-Justin

--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

amanriquem
what do you mean with 1.3?
please be more especific

thanks

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

Justin Deoliveira-4
Just that the bug fix will get into our next release which is release
1.3.0, scheduled for the end of this week.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-527
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10311&fixfor=11557

-Justin

amanriquem (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> what do you mean with 1.3?
> please be more especific
>
> thanks
> Sent from the GeoServer - User forum at Nabble.com.

--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

Chris Holmes-2
It's probably beyond the scope of what we need for 1.3.0, but I think
what we should do with temp files is specify a temp directory in the
geoserver data dir.  This is easy to do in code, when you create a temp
file in java you can specify the location - right now we just don't use
that arg, which goes to the system temp folder.  The nice thing about
using the data dir is that we are sure to have permissions to write
there.  We've had problems in the past with servlet containers not
having the appropriate permissions and the like.

Chris

thoughts at: http://cholmes.wordpress.com

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

Justin Deoliveira-4
Sorry a little confused, Is always writing to the os temporary directory
the desired behaviour at this time? If so I agree it can probably be
pushed back. However I did find that the path to for the temporary file
on linux isn't formed properly, missing a path seperator.

-Justin

Chris Holmes wrote:

> It's probably beyond the scope of what we need for 1.3.0, but I think
> what we should do with temp files is specify a temp directory in the
> geoserver data dir.  This is easy to do in code, when you create a temp
> file in java you can specify the location - right now we just don't use
> that arg, which goes to the system temp folder.  The nice thing about
> using the data dir is that we are sure to have permissions to write
> there.  We've had problems in the past with servlet containers not
> having the appropriate permissions and the like.
>
> Chris
>
> Justin Deoliveira wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the bug report, I was able to reproduce it. The fix will
>> get into 1.3.0.
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> amanriquem (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, i have the following configuration
>>>
>>> - GeoServer 1.3.0-RC7
>>> - Linux Red Hat 8.0
>>> - Postgres 8.0 with Postgis and GEOS
>>>
>>>   Ii created a featuretype called "paises" which is stored in a
>>> postrgress database
>>>
>>> when i type the following
>>> http://10.8.0.1:2080/geoserver/wfs?request=getfeature&service=wms&version=1.0.0&typename=paises
>>>

>>> Geoserver returns data in GML format, but when i type
>>> http://10.8.0.1:2080/geoserver/wfs?request=getfeature&service=wms&version=1.0.0&typename=paises&outputformat=SHAPE-ZIP
>>>

>>> an error happends,
>>>
>>> −
>>>
>>>       java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmppaises.shp (No such file or
>>> directory)
>>>
>>>     /tmppaises.shp is rigth writen, i doesn't have the separator
>>> between directory and file "/"
>>>
>>>  I notice that the file paises.shp exists in /tmp directory, as it shows
>>>
>>> [geoserver@lnx tmp]$ ls -l paises*
>>> -rw-rw-r--    1 geoserver geoserver   159596 Jan 16 13:30 paises.dbf
>>> -rw-rw-r--    1 geoserver geoserver  1537144 Jan 16 13:30 paises.shp
>>> -rw-rw-r--    1 geoserver geoserver     1772 Jan 16 13:30 paises.shx
>>> [geoserver@lnx tmp]$
>>>
>>>   What is wrong? ,, what can i do in order to reach the goal
>>> (Geoserver return data in shape file)  .
>>>

>>>   Thanks in advance.
>>> --
>>>
>>> Sent from the GeoServer - User forum at Nabble.com.

--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

Chris Holmes-2
Yeah, writing to the os temp directory is what should be happening now.
  You've done the fix correctly.  I'm just saying that at some point
things should be switched around a bit.

Justin Deoliveira wrote:

> Sorry a little confused, Is always writing to the os temporary directory
> the desired behaviour at this time? If so I agree it can probably be
> pushed back. However I did find that the path to for the temporary file
> on linux isn't formed properly, missing a path seperator.
>
> -Justin
>
> Chris Holmes wrote:
>
>> It's probably beyond the scope of what we need for 1.3.0, but I think
>> what we should do with temp files is specify a temp directory in the
>> geoserver data dir.  This is easy to do in code, when you create a
>> temp file in java you can specify the location - right now we just
>> don't use that arg, which goes to the system temp folder.  The nice
>> thing about using the data dir is that we are sure to have permissions
>> to write there.  We've had problems in the past with servlet
>> containers not having the appropriate permissions and the like.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> Justin Deoliveira wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the bug report, I was able to reproduce it. The fix will
>>> get into 1.3.0.
>>>
>>> -Justin

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project
thoughts at: http://cholmes.wordpress.com

Re: error in returning shape files from geoserver

Justin Deoliveira-4
Ok gotcha, agreed. Perhaps a 1.3.1 thing.