error cached?

andy@centremaps.co.uk
Message
Hi,

I had tilecache working fine and then i accidentally added a layer without the line "type=wms".

I have since fixed this but am finding that i occassionally get the following message even when running calls to another layer:

An error occurred: No option 'type' in section: 'mappinglayer'
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service.py", line 103, in _load
    cache = cache)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service.py", line 51, in _loadFromSection
    type  = config.get(section, "type")
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)

The error appears even if i delete "mappinglayer" from the config file.

I have managed to look for this by repeatedly calling one tile but i think it is also visible in openlayers where it is seen as occassional tiles failing to load.

Is it possible this has got cached as an error somewhere?

Also, is there any built in functionality for error logging in tilecache?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Re: error cached?

Ivan Mincik-2
On Tuesday 30 March 2010, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had tilecache working fine and then i accidentally added a layer without
> the line "type=wms".
>
> I have since fixed this but am finding that i occassionally get the
> following message even when running calls to another layer:
>

> An error occurred: No option 'type' in section: 'mappinglayer'
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Servic
>e .py", line 103, in _load
>     cache = cache)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Servic
>e .py", line 51, in _loadFromSection
>     type  = config.get(section, "type")
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
>     raise NoOptionError(option, section)
>

> The error appears even if i delete "mappinglayer" from the config file.
>
> I have managed to look for this by repeatedly calling one tile but i think
> it is also visible in openlayers where it is seen as occassional tiles
> failing to load.
>

> Is it possible this has got cached as an error somewhere?
Have You restarted Your web server ?

--
Ivan Mincik
Gista s.r.o.

Re: error cached?

Christopher Schmidt-2
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:53:44PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had tilecache working fine and then i accidentally added a layer without
> the line "type=wms".
>
> I have since fixed this but am finding that i occassionally get the
> following message even when running calls to another layer:

1. Restart Apache or your webserver.
2. Double check for a squid/other cache that might be caching the error between
   you and the TileCache.
3. Ensure that you are actually hitting the webserver thaty ou expect to
   be by looking in the apache access logs.

My experience is that this is typically a case of #2 for me personally.

> An error occurred: No option 'type' in section: 'mappinglayer'
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service
> .py", line 103, in _load
>     cache = cache)
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service
> .py", line 51, in _loadFromSection
>     type  = config.get(section, "type")
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
>     raise NoOptionError(option, section)
>

> The error appears even if i delete "mappinglayer" from the config file.
>
> I have managed to look for this by repeatedly calling one tile but i think
> it is also visible in openlayers where it is seen as occassional tiles
> failing to load.
>

> Is it possible this has got cached as an error somewhere?
>

> Also, is there any built in functionality for error logging in tilecache?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Andy

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta

Re: error cached?

Ivan Mincik-2
On Tuesday 30 March 2010, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> The issue seemed to have cleared whilst i was posting to the forum (we had
> been trying for about an hour) - but if it happens again we will restart
> the web server - BTW, do you mean apache or the box(s) itself?
I mean, restarting Apache.  But, look at Chris post also.

--
Ivan Mincik
Gista s.r.o.

Re: error cached?

andy@centremaps.co.uk
Thanks Chris & Ivan....

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:53:44PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had tilecache working fine and then i accidentally added a layer
> without the line "type=wms".
>
> I have since fixed this but am finding that i occassionally get the
> following message even when running calls to another layer:

1. Restart Apache or your webserver.
2. Double check for a squid/other cache that might be caching the error
between
   you and the TileCache.
3. Ensure that you are actually hitting the webserver thaty ou expect to
   be by looking in the apache access logs.

My experience is that this is typically a case of #2 for me personally.

> An error occurred: No option 'type' in section: 'mappinglayer'
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/S
> ervice
> .py", line 103, in _load
>     cache = cache)
>   File

"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/TileCache-2.10-py2.5.egg/TileCache/Service

> .py", line 51, in _loadFromSection
>     type  = config.get(section, "type")
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
>     raise NoOptionError(option, section)
>

> The error appears even if i delete "mappinglayer" from the config
> file.
>
> I have managed to look for this by repeatedly calling one tile but i
> think it is also visible in openlayers where it is seen as occassional
> tiles failing to load.
>

> Is it possible this has got cached as an error somewhere?
>

> Also, is there any built in functionality for error logging in
> tilecache?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Andy

Christopher Schmidt