dynamic label rotation

12

dynamic label rotation

Sacha

can labels rotated with a value from a shp file in mapguide studio? it
works only
with static vlaues?

Sacha

multiple extent attributes on a layer

Eric Brown-4
All,

I'm having a bit of an issue on my roads layer - specifically, I'm attempting to show Highways, Ramps, Arteries etc. in a different color than normal roads at similar extents.

But if say 0-8000 is type "H" in one color, and 0-8000 is Type "R" in another color and 0-8000 is Type "A" in yet another color - they end up overriding each other - so, basically I end up with just one of the types displaying.

Any ideas?

-- Eric

RE: multiple extent attributes on a layer

Kori Maleski-2
Eric,

You have to theme the layers.

One group of themes per Scale Range.

Each Group can have more than one Condition defined by an Attribute such as
H,R,A etc.

Is this how you have it configured?  Is the layer reading the
Condition/Attribute properly?

They should not overwrite each other...

Kori Maleski  BSc.
Senior Technical Consultant

Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
TEL
403.770.1917

FAX
877.691.9149
 TOL
877.691.9171
www.pat.ca

Re: multiple extent attributes on a layer

Eric Brown-4
Kori,

Here's a picture of my layer - I've described 4 separate extents.

0-22000 is all roads (except Highways and Ramps)
0-44000 is  Arteries (Class = 'A')
0-infinity is Class='H' in yellow - highways
0-infinity is Class='R' in orange - ramps

And - no - once you get down to 22000 - the Highways and Ramps and Arteries
stop displaying.

Please advise,

-- Eric

> Each Group can have more than one Condition defined by an Attribute such
> as
> H,R,A etc.
>

> Is this how you have it configured?  Is the layer reading the
> Condition/Attribute properly?
>
> They should not overwrite each other...
>

> Kori Maleski BSc.
> Senior Technical Consultant
>

> Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
> TEL
> 403.770.1917
>

> FAX
> 877.691.9149
> TOL
> 877.691.9171
> www.pat.ca

layer1.jpg (60K) Download Attachment

RE: multiple extent attributes on a layer

Andy Morsell
The way you've defined your layer, since you have more than one style for a
given range, only the top style is going to appear.  For instance, if a user
is zoomed in between 0 and 22000, there are 4 different styles that apply,
which doesn't make sense.  You should instead use the Theme option to create
multiple styles based on multiple conditions within one scale range.
Depending on what you are doing, you may have more than one scale range,
each with its own theme options.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com

> Each Group can have more than one Condition defined by an Attribute such
> as
> H,R,A etc.
>

> Is this how you have it configured?  Is the layer reading the
> Condition/Attribute properly?
>
> They should not overwrite each other...
>

> Kori Maleski BSc.
> Senior Technical Consultant
>

> Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW Calgary, AB CANADA T2S 0B1
> TEL
> 403.770.1917
>

> FAX
> 877.691.9149
> TOL
> 877.691.9171
> www.pat.ca

Traian Stanev

Hi Eric,

You are not actually theming on the attribute. From the screenshot it
looks like you created overlapping scale ranges with a different style
for each scale range. What you want to do is set different attribute
themes in a single scale range in the lower dialog (where the "Theme..."
button is). See the attached screenshot for an example.

Traian

theme.PNG (20K) Download Attachment

Re: multiple extent attributes on a layer

Eric Brown-4
That works... go figure - I'm too used to laying in the data by hand (Map
file).

That's much better.

Another question - how would I link off to an url when a feature is
selected?  The documentation indicates that it can be done, but the syntax
is missing.

-- Eric

RE: multiple extent attributes on a layer

Andy Morsell
In the "URL activated for feature" area of the layer definition,  go into
the Text Expression and build an expression like you would for a Tool tip.
An example when viewed using the Advanced option is:

concat('http://www.spokanecounty.org/pubpadal/search.aspx?Identify=pubmaps&a
mp;txtSelParcel=', PID)

Note that I have to use &amp; instead of & in my string.  If you use just &,
the entire tooltip will not display (at least with the .NET web extensions).
This may be considered a bug, but I'm not sure.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com

API call for transforming polygon to line?

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: dynamic label rotation

Traian Stanev

You need to pick "Expression" in the Rotation listbox when setting up
the style. See attached screenshot. This will let you base rotation
angle on a property value from your data source.

Traian

rotation.PNG (34K) Download Attachment

RE: API call for transforming polygon to line?

Dave Wilson
Re: [mapguide-users] multiple extent attributes on a layer
Hey Jason,

I don't think there is a direct API call to do this. If I'm wrong hopefully someone will pipe up.

Programmatically there are a couple of ways you can do this.

A quick and dirty way would be to get the WKT string of the Polygon using the MgWktReaderWriter which would yield something like:

POLYGON ((1 1, 1 -1, -1 -1, -1 1, 1 1))

You could parse the resulting string to remove the POLYGON (  and trailing ) leaving (1 1, 1 -1, -1 -1, -1 1, 1 1).

Then concatenate LINESTRING to it and you can use the ReaderWriter to create the geometry object for you from the string.

Of course if your polygon has inner rings you will have to check the count of the inner rings using GetInteriorRingCount as these won't convert to simple linestrings. You may be able to convert them to MULTILINESTRING instead by just changing the leading concatenation.

If your polygon contains curvestrings in it I'm not sure if you can again just change the leading concatenation to CURVESTRING as I haven't worked with these. The quick and dirty is nice because it requires minimal processing and if all your polygons don't have inner rings or curves it's a piece of cake.

An alternative and more rigorous approach would be to determine the types of polygon involved and walk the geometry, getting each of the coordinate values and using an MgGeometryFactory create the MgLinestring or MgMultLinestring or other type as needed but this will be more complex code I think because you need to use collection objects and looping to walk the objects.

Regards,
Dave

RE: RE: API call for transforming polygon to line?

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: RE: API call for transforming polygon to line?

Andy Morsell
Hi Jason,
How about using FME to convert your polygon data to line data prior to
pre-processing of data if it can be avoided.  But, I am finding that I have
to generalize almost all of my data anyway for use with Google Earth /
MapGuide Open to avoid the GE timeout problems you mention.  I do this with
FME so adding a couple more transformers to the process to convert to lines
wouldn't add too much overhead.  Doing this would also speed things up on
the MapGuide processing side of things.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com

  _____

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: dynamic label rotation

Sacha

Hi Traian,

that is what i have done, but it does not work. I have checkt the file
and the values in the file
are ok. Is it a bug?

Thanks!

Sacha

Traian Stanev schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>You need to pick "Expression" in the Rotation listbox when setting up
>the style. See attached screenshot. This will let you base rotation
>angle on a property value from your data source.
>
>Traian

Gruss

Sacha

-------------------------------------
Kreis AG Sargans
Ingenieur- und Vermessungsbüro
Kantonsschulweg 12

CH-7320 Sargans(Hauptbetrieb)
Tel. +41 (0)81 720 05 00
Fax +41 (0)81 720 05 05

Homepage : http://www.mkreis.ch
E-Mail   : mailto:[hidden email]

RE: dynamic label rotation

Traian Stanev

What kind of layer is it -- point, polygon or line? What kind of property is it -- string, number?

Traian Stanev schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>You need to pick "Expression" in the Rotation listbox when setting up
>the style. See attached screenshot. This will let you base rotation
>angle on a property value from your data source.
>
>Traian

Gruss

Sacha

-------------------------------------
Kreis AG Sargans
Ingenieur- und Vermessungsbüro
Kantonsschulweg 12

CH-7320 Sargans(Hauptbetrieb)
Tel. +41 (0)81 720 05 00
Fax +41 (0)81 720 05 05

Homepage : http://www.mkreis.ch
E-Mail   : mailto:[hidden email]

Measure tool

Eric Brown-4
Is there a bug with the "Measure" tool?

I can use it - but it doesn't draw a line (it does provide a legend - red line) but doesn't show the physical line(s).  It also appears to be incorrect - at least in terms of actual distance.

-- Eric

RE: SPAM-LOW: [mapguide-users] Measure tool

Andy Morsell
Yes, I see the same thing, no line draws in either the DWF or AJAX viewers.  And, the distance is always kilometers regardless of how you have your units setup in viewer options.  Maybe this will convince the U.S. to finally go metric ;)

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com

I can use it - but it doesn't draw a line (it does provide a legend - red line) but doesn't show the physical line(s).  It also appears to be incorrect - at least in terms of actual distance.

-- Eric

RE: [mapguide-users] Measure tool

Kori Maleski-2

My measuring tool just throws an error:

Type 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MgResourceNotFoundException' in Assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi, Version=1.0.0.16407, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.

Kori Maleski  BSc.

Senior Technical Consultant

Suite 400 - 534 17 Ave. SW CalgaryAB CANADA T2S 0B1

TEL

403.770.1917

FAX

877.691.9149

 TOL

877.691.9171

www.pat.ca

RE: RE: SPAM-LOW: [mapguide-users] Measure tool

Alain Lebatard

Andy, Eric,

One of the problems was fixed today. The distance is now displayed according to the viewer settings.

The other problem - causing the red lines not to appear - is due to wrong conversions between coordinate systems, and should be fixed shortly.

Alain