dynamic 3d web service

shyoon
hi.

I want to try 3d services through "cesium js" and "geoserver" && "PostGIS".

I looked up the 3d related extension, community version, but I could not
find it.

I want to ask about the current progress and future development.

and How can I implement 3d now?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: dynamic 3d web service

Phil Scadden
3D with cesium is client-end functionality. Geoserver is server-end so you aren't going to see 3D clients in the geoserver list. I am busy looking at 3D application using geoserver data but plan is to use WCS to provide data to a custom server-side routine which will optimise and package it to a custom webgl client. Quite what the webgl client will be is undecided. I have used cesium and plotly in past, but looking at some wasm approaches as well. My previous efforts in 3D (backend create gITF models and pass up to cesium, or pass coordinate collection to plotly) indicates there is a real bottleneck just delivering the amount of data needed through a web stream.

Geoserver's role in any of this data provider. My vision is view a map of something interesting (eg swath bathymetry),  using WMS from geoserver; draw a rectangle around area of interest on that map; and get that data visualized in 3D using the WCS service. The client viewer is something you build.

However, if you just want provide map layers on top of cesium globe, then note that cesium can use Geoserver WMS as a imagery provider out of the box. Nothing extra needed at geoserver end for this.

I want to try 3d services through "cesium js" and "geoserver" && "PostGIS".

I looked up the 3d related extension, community version, but I could not find it.

I want to ask about the current progress and future development.

and How can I implement 3d now?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used, published or redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error please destroy and immediately notify GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the contents.