donating to PostGIS (through OSGeo)

Jachym Cepicky
Hi all,

it was agreed, that we would like to donate some part of your income
from one of our deals to PostGIS. It's not too much (cca 250 Eur at
the moment), but we hope, it still makes sense to donate a little the
the project.

Since there seem to be no direct sponsoring opportunity to PostGIS
(banking account), I would like to ask the Board, whether we could
send the amount to OSGeo directly with polite request, that the money
could be used e.g. on PostGIS sprint sometime in the future?

Thank you

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: donating to PostGIS (through OSGeo)

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Jachym,

In my opinion we can directly increase the PostGIS budget for 2019 (or 2020 if the project agrees).

Thank you!

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 AM Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

it was agreed, that we would like to donate some part of your income
from one of our deals to PostGIS. It's not too much (cca 250 Eur at
the moment), but we hope, it still makes sense to donate a little the
the project.

Since there seem to be no direct sponsoring opportunity to PostGIS
(banking account), I would like to ask the Board, whether we could
send the amount to OSGeo directly with polite request, that the money
could be used e.g. on PostGIS sprint sometime in the future?

Thank you

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: donating to PostGIS (through OSGeo)

Jachym Cepicky
Sounds good to me.

Next question of mine would be: how to transfer the money?

Thank you

út 13. 8. 2019 v 23:55 odesílatel Angelos Tzotsos

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: donating to PostGIS (through OSGeo)

Michael Smith
Do you want to send it direct to PostGis or route through OSGeo?

We do have an Euro account now that allows easy wire transfer from EU locations.

Mike
OSGeo Treasurer

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 13, 2019, at 5:57 PM, Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Next question of mine would be: how to transfer the money?
>
> Thank you

> út 13. 8. 2019 v 23:55 odesílatel Angelos Tzotsos
> <[hidden email]> napsal:
>>
>> Hi Jachym,
>>
>> In my opinion we can directly increase the PostGIS budget for 2019 (or 2020 if the project agrees).
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 AM Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> it was agreed, that we would like to donate some part of your income
>>> from one of our deals to PostGIS. It's not too much (cca 250 Eur at
>>> the moment), but we hope, it still makes sense to donate a little the
>>> the project.
>>>
>>> Since there seem to be no direct sponsoring opportunity to PostGIS
>>> (banking account), I would like to ask the Board, whether we could
>>> send the amount to OSGeo directly with polite request, that the money
>>> could be used e.g. on PostGIS sprint sometime in the future?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jachym Cepicky
>>> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
>>> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp
>>

>> --
>> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>> OSGeo Charter Member
>> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos
>

> --
> Jachym Cepicky
> e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com
> GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp

Re: donating to PostGIS (through OSGeo)

Regina Obe
Jachym,

Thanks you for the contribution to our sprints.  Going thru OSGeo sounds good to me. Of course we are always happy to have our sprint budget increased :)

Thanks,
Regina

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com

Re: donating to PostGIS (through OSGeo)

delawen
Hi,

If these donations are going to be recurrent (not a one time only)
maybe it would be good if the PostGIS PSC can point us how they want
to keep track of the money. OSGeo can act as the money guardian and do
all the transfers, but we should keep a good track of how much money
and when to use it. Maybe a wiki page or a spreadsheet?

With changes on the Board every two years it is easy to lose track of
"small" donations for a specific project. I wouldn't like if it
"dilutes" on the general budget and we forget to give this extra to
PostGIS some year.

And thanks, Jachym, even if it is "small" (it is not!) it is a very
very nice move.