displaying postgis-DEM-raster

orkun
hello

How can I display postgis-DEM-raster map that has wide range elevation data ?

as :(DEM data)
< Minimum=1.000, Maximum=5121.000, Mean=1133.750, StdDev=655.812  >

Can you give me hints ?

kind regards

--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.

________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

Re: displaying postgis-DEM-raster

Ben Madin-2
I could be wrong, but this would appear to be mostly a question about what you are trying to display...

For example, if you were trying to show other data, but on a dem you might want to scale the vertical axis to minimise the distortion and any obscuring of important data.

If you are trying to show the extremes of the ?landscape? you might want to scale by standard deviation. If the extremes are not so important, you might want to try a log transformation based on your mean. This can certainly help when you have a non-parametric distribution. Again, it would probably also depend on whether the outcome was for mountaineers or kayakers when choosing you transformation parameters.

Hth

Ben

On Monday, June 1, 2015, Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello

How can I display postgis-DEM-raster map that has wide range elevation data ?

as :(DEM data)
< Minimum=1.000, Maximum=5121.000, Mean=1133.750, StdDev=655.812  >

Can you give me hints ?

kind regards

--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.
Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management