disable 'virtual' nodes

Jo-2
Hi,

When editing a MultiLineString, the node count should stay the same for our purposes. Is there a way to (temporarily) disable those virtual nodes in between two real nodes? So already existing nodes can be moved to change the geometry, but no new ones can be created?

Jo

training manual QGIS 3

Janneke van Dijk
Dear all,

  I'm currently going through the QGIS 3 training manual
(https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/) using QGIS
3.4.3 and documenting any changes that would still need attention. I
understand that it's  a work in progress and hope/plan to contribute a
bit in a later stage. What is complicating matters is that the data that
I downloaded (QGIS-Training-Data-2.0.zip) does not contain all the
layers that are mentioned (so far schools, restaurants, network_analysis
folder and possibly some more that I may have skipped). Is there a
complete/up-to-date data set available? Where can I find it?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Janneke

Re: [Qgis-community-team] training manual QGIS 3

Alexandre Neto
Better duplicated issues than missing ones . So please report whatever you feel that is a bug, or a possible improvement. That way we won't forget.

Thanks!

A dom, 6/01/2019, 10:07, Janneke van Dijk <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi Harrissou,

Getting ready to at least list my observations. Do I understand it correctly that whatever is not mentioned in [2] is not being addressed? Quite a few of my remarks will also related to updating screenshots, which I think has also been mentioned as a general issue somewhere - should I still list them separately?

Thanks for your assistance,
Janneke

On 05/01/2019 13:33, DelazJ wrote:
Hi Janneke,

Thanks for your tests. And indeed the training manual update is a work in progress and maybe could you publish your remarks as issue reports in the doc repository [0] so that we took them into consideration as we go.
You are right about the missing data, there was a pull request [1] to integrate these data we forgot to merge. Done now! Download the dataset again, please.
Note that we are reviewing initial lessons and have some pending updates for both lessons [2] and corresponding data [3]. Tests and feedbacks are more than welcome. Thanks!

Regards,
Harrissou

Le jeu. 3 janv. 2019 à 13:22, Janneke van Dijk <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Dear all,

  I'm currently going through the QGIS 3 training manual
(https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/) using QGIS
3.4.3 and documenting any changes that would still need attention. I
understand that it's  a work in progress and hope/plan to contribute a
bit in a later stage. What is complicating matters is that the data that
I downloaded (QGIS-Training-Data-2.0.zip) does not contain all the
layers that are mentioned (so far schools, restaurants, network_analysis
folder and possibly some more that I may have skipped). Is there a
complete/up-to-date data set available? Where can I find it?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Janneke

Alexandre Neto

Re: [Qgis-community-team] training manual QGIS 3

Alexandre Neto
I can do it.

---------------------
@AlexNetoGeo
http://gisunchained.wordpress.com

--
Alexandre Neto

Re: [Qgis-community-team] training manual QGIS 3

Alexandre Neto

Screenshots shouldn't be a blocker, you can take screenshots using windows. Then, if we have time, we can replace windows screenshots later.

A seg, 7/01/2019, 18:17, Janneke van Dijk <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Yes, I would be up for learning how to do it. I remember once upon a time trying to get started and somehow getting stranded before I got anywhere. Partly because I couldn't get linux to work on VM on my laptop so I couldn't do the screen shots.

On 07/01/2019 17:39, Alexandre Neto wrote:

Some of those changes are quite small. Would you be interested in learning how to fix it yourself?

A seg, 7/01/2019, 14:37, Alexandre Neto <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Actually, someone already did it. Thanks!!

[...]

Hi Alexandre and Harrissou (and others),

I'm trying to feel my way through the contribution thing and github by starting with some small remarks/changes I suggested myself. I think I have just made an edit and created a pull  request - it tells me 'This branch has no conflicts with the base branch'. Not sure how to proceed from here. Is this enough from my side?

Thanks for some guidance....
Janneke

On 07/01/2019 23:27, Alexandre Neto wrote:

[...]

DelazJ
Hi Janneke,

I guess you are talking about https://github.com/janneke-qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/1 which is unfortunately a pull-request against your own branch and not the upstream one. This is a trap we all fall in at the beginning and mentioned at https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/first_contribution.html#share-your-changes-via-pull-request

What you have to do is also explained in the page I linked above (if ever not clear, let us know, we'll try to improve it) but in short:
2. Press "New pull request"
3. Click "Compare accross forks" and select your repo in the head fork drop down menu and then the your branch (janneke-qgis-patch-1 in this case)
4. Press "Create pull request"
5. And you are done!

H.

Le mer. 9 janv. 2019 à 18:46, Janneke van Dijk <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Le mer. 9 janv. 2019 à 19:18, Janneke van Dijk <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Harrissou,

thanks for the quick intervention :-).
You are welcome.
And it's all good; your pull request is at the right place. It's time for reviewers, now!

Indeed, I did read about the trap, but wasn't sure where I was supposed to encounter it. I've done it again following your short description and that I think has worked...Let me know if I am still supposed to press more buttons...I'll have a look tomorrow at the guidelines and check why it wasn't obvious enough to me.

Good night,
Janneke

On 09/01/2019 21:01, DelazJ wrote:
[...]

Hi Harrissou and others,

With your steps described below it was perfectly clear what I had to do, no confusion in my mind whatsoever. So I just tried to compare it to the documentation (link: https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/first_contribution.html#share-your-changes-via-pull-request) and will try to describe what according to me was not clear in the documentation.

In the documentation, I had arrived at step 1, second bullet point, where it says "you therefore need to leave that page and follow the next step". Then, moving to the next step (2) it says "you can create a new pull request at any moment from many pages" - which "tricked" me into pressing the button "new pull request" from my own page - and I think the compare across forks option is either not there, or maybe it is not so obvious, and the "if needed" addition made it sound it might not be that important to click the compare across forks. Once you do click "compare across forks" it is more clear that what I thought was the actual "master" was just my own master, not qgis master.

For me, as a complete beginner, I would prefer the method you describe below (1. 2. 3. off you go) if it is a fool-proof way of creating your pull request. I do not necessarily need to know about all the other ways. Would it be possible/make sense to maybe have a simple workflow that always works (even if it is not the most efficient one) and separately discuss alternative methods?

I'll come back to the fix me button in another mail.