development update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

development update

Juan Manuel Vicente
Hi all,

These last few weeks I was busy. But I wanted to leave a little summary of the current state.[1]

- The ows.js was created it has common methods to all services (they come from the csw4js, GetCapabilities, OperationsData, etc). I think the next step is to rewrite the "GetCapabilities" to deprecate the xml navigation.

- csw.js has Implemented the GetRecordById and GetRecords functions.

- filter.js has Implemented the "and", "bbox" and "isLike" operators.

I think in the next few days/weeks I will return to development.

Regards
Juan Manuel


_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: development update

Tom Kralidis
Hi Juan Manuel: thanks for the info.  Great work here.  Looking
forward to a PR at some point.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Juan Manuel Vicente
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> These last few weeks I was busy. But I wanted to leave a little summary of
> the current state.[1]
>
> - The ows.js was created it has common methods to all services (they come
> from the csw4js, GetCapabilities, OperationsData, etc). I think the next
> step is to rewrite the "GetCapabilities" to deprecate the xml navigation.
>
> - csw.js has Implemented the GetRecordById and GetRecords functions.
>
> - filter.js has Implemented the "and", "bbox" and "isLike" operators.
>
> I think in the next few days/weeks I will return to development.
>
> Regards
> Juan Manuel
>
> [1]https://github.com/juanmav/ows.js
>
> _______________________________________________
> owsjs mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
>
_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: development update

Juan Manuel Vicente
Hi guys,

I done some updates, especially at the README. The library need some more work but I think it is a good start point to start using it.

Can anyone do a peer-review before I make a pull request?[1]

Thanks
Regards
Juan Manuel


On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Juan Manuel: thanks for the info.  Great work here.  Looking
forward to a PR at some point.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Juan Manuel Vicente
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> These last few weeks I was busy. But I wanted to leave a little summary of
> the current state.[1]
>
> - The ows.js was created it has common methods to all services (they come
> from the csw4js, GetCapabilities, OperationsData, etc). I think the next
> step is to rewrite the "GetCapabilities" to deprecate the xml navigation.
>
> - csw.js has Implemented the GetRecordById and GetRecords functions.
>
> - filter.js has Implemented the "and", "bbox" and "isLike" operators.
>
> I think in the next few days/weeks I will return to development.
>
> Regards
> Juan Manuel
>
> [1]https://github.com/juanmav/ows.js
>
> _______________________________________________
> owsjs mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
>


_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: development update

Tom Kralidis
Hi Juan Manuel: great work! I'll dig deeper when the pr is submitted but first comments for clarification:

- should we abstract the js code setup for multiple versions? For example I would like to start CSW 3 implementation
- can we remove the dist/ directory from version control? The idea being this should be a build / release step

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2015, at 17:21, Juan Manuel Vicente <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi guys,

I done some updates, especially at the README. The library need some more work but I think it is a good start point to start using it.

Can anyone do a peer-review before I make a pull request?[1]

Thanks
Regards
Juan Manuel


On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Juan Manuel: thanks for the info.  Great work here.  Looking
forward to a PR at some point.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Juan Manuel Vicente
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> These last few weeks I was busy. But I wanted to leave a little summary of
> the current state.[1]
>
> - The ows.js was created it has common methods to all services (they come
> from the csw4js, GetCapabilities, OperationsData, etc). I think the next
> step is to rewrite the "GetCapabilities" to deprecate the xml navigation.
>
> - csw.js has Implemented the GetRecordById and GetRecords functions.
>
> - filter.js has Implemented the "and", "bbox" and "isLike" operators.
>
> I think in the next few days/weeks I will return to development.
>
> Regards
> Juan Manuel
>
> [1]https://github.com/juanmav/ows.js
>
> _______________________________________________
> owsjs mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
>


_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: development update

Marc Jansen-2
Hi Juan Manuel,

great work indeed, this looks very promising.

I agree with Toms comments, especially the dist part. Most of your commits also include the changed dist-file which can be quite distracting.

Other comments (not a thorough review):
  • some typos in the README
  • some typos in the commit messages
  • IMO the README should use '#', '##' and friends for headings in a more structured way
  • I'd personally leave out the validator links in the example
  • the example itself isn't really self-explanatory

Nothing of the above is critical.

I'd love to get your work in, so others can built on top of this.

Thanks again & best regards,
Marc

On 14.03.2015 02:41, Tom Kralidis wrote:
Hi Juan Manuel: great work! I'll dig deeper when the pr is submitted but first comments for clarification:

- should we abstract the js code setup for multiple versions? For example I would like to start CSW 3 implementation
- can we remove the dist/ directory from version control? The idea being this should be a build / release step

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2015, at 17:21, Juan Manuel Vicente <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi guys,

I done some updates, especially at the README. The library need some more work but I think it is a good start point to start using it.

Can anyone do a peer-review before I make a pull request?[1]

Thanks
Regards
Juan Manuel




_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: development update

Juan Manuel Vicente
Tom, Marc, 

Thanks for the feedback!

1- Yes, we can abstract the js code to implement new CSW version.  I really dont know which differences are between CSW 2.0.2 and CSW 3.0. If CSW 3.0 extend CSW 2.0.2 operations or CSW 3.0 need to re-implement operations.

2- We should remove the dist directory and create another repo with dist files. (ex: bower-ows.js, npm-ows.js, etc). Here I was playing around with bower and registered the repo. With "bower install ows.js --save" to install the ows.min.js file.

3- I going check typos with more detail (english is not my native language) and use Markup correctly.

Thanks
Juan Manuel


On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Marc Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Juan Manuel,

great work indeed, this looks very promising.

I agree with Toms comments, especially the dist part. Most of your commits also include the changed dist-file which can be quite distracting.

Other comments (not a thorough review):
  • some typos in the README
  • some typos in the commit messages
  • IMO the README should use '#', '##' and friends for headings in a more structured way
  • I'd personally leave out the validator links in the example
  • the example itself isn't really self-explanatory

Nothing of the above is critical.

I'd love to get your work in, so others can built on top of this.

Thanks again & best regards,
Marc

On 14.03.2015 02:41, Tom Kralidis wrote:
Hi Juan Manuel: great work! I'll dig deeper when the pr is submitted but first comments for clarification:

- should we abstract the js code setup for multiple versions? For example I would like to start CSW 3 implementation
- can we remove the dist/ directory from version control? The idea being this should be a build / release step

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2015, at 17:21, Juan Manuel Vicente <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi guys,

I done some updates, especially at the README. The library need some more work but I think it is a good start point to start using it.

Can anyone do a peer-review before I make a pull request?[1]

Thanks
Regards
Juan Manuel




_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs



_______________________________________________
owsjs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/owsjs