describefeaturetype in openapidocument

Paul van Genuchten
Hi list, gitter is having issues this morning, so let me try by mail (although this is probably more a gitter question)

I remember we had some discussion about advertising data models as part of the open api document, similar to what describefeaturetype does on WFS. Currently openapidoc indicates /items will return a set of features and advertises only the common part of features.

Is this a pending implementation task (is there i github issue to track this activity), or are we waiting for OGC to decide something in this area?

Regards, Paul

Re: describefeaturetype in openapidocument

Tom Kralidis

Hi Paul: see [1] (as you have since found :)

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/issues/361

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020, Paul van Genuchten wrote:

> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 10:37:14 +0100
> From: Paul van Genuchten <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [pygeoapi] describefeaturetype in openapidocument
>
> Hi list, gitter is having issues this morning, so let me try by mail (although this is probably more a gitter question)
>
> I remember we had some discussion about advertising data models as part of the open api document, similar to what describefeaturetype does on WFS. Currently openapidoc indicates /items will return a set of features and advertises only the common part of features.
>
> Is this a pending implementation task (is there i github issue to track this activity), or are we waiting for OGC to decide something in this area?
>
> Regards, Paul

Re: describefeaturetype in openapidocument

Paul van Genuchten
Tom, #361 touches on a different topic then the one from my email.

I am curious if we had any prior documented discussion about extending the api document https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi with the specification of properties per featuretype.

eg:

As a sidenote, did we notice https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi is currently broken due to mixed content:

index.js:1 Mixed Content: The page at '<a href="https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi#/unesco_pois_italy/get_collections_unesco_pois_italy_items' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://schemas.opengis.net/ogcapi/features/part1/1.0/openapi/ogcapi-features-1.yaml" class="">https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi#/unesco_pois_italy/get_collections_unesco_pois_italy_items' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://schemas.opengis.net/ogcapi/features/part1/1.0/openapi/ogcapi-features-1.yaml'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

OGC seems not to offer a https version of the schemas… maybe reference a local copy instead?

---

Hi Paul: see [1] (as you have since found :)

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/issues/361

Re: describefeaturetype in openapidocument

Tom Kralidis
Paul: thanks for the info.  No documented discussion AFAICT.

As for mixed content, glad you have since found [1].

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/issues/312

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 7:12 AM Paul van Genuchten
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tom, #361 touches on a different topic then the one from my email.
>
> I am curious if we had any prior documented discussion about extending the api document https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi with the specification of properties per featuretype.
>
> eg:
>
> As a sidenote, did we notice https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi is currently broken due to mixed content:
>
> index.js:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://demo.pygeoapi.io/master/openapi#/unesco_pois_italy/get_collections_unesco_pois_italy_items' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://schemas.opengis.net/ogcapi/features/part1/1.0/openapi/ogcapi-features-1.yaml'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
>
> OGC seems not to offer a https version of the schemas… maybe reference a local copy instead?
>

> ---
>
> Hi Paul: see [1] (as you have since found :)
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/issues/361
>
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2020, Paul van Genuchten wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 10:37:14 +0100
> From: Paul van Genuchten <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [pygeoapi] describefeaturetype in openapidocument
>
> Hi list, gitter is having issues this morning, so let me try by mail (although this is probably more a gitter question)
>
> I remember we had some discussion about advertising data models as part of the open api document, similar to what describefeaturetype does on WFS. Currently openapidoc indicates /items will return a set of features and advertises only the common part of features.
>
> Is this a pending implementation task (is there i github issue to track this activity), or are we waiting for OGC to decide something in this area?
>
> Regards, Paul

Re: describefeaturetype in openapidocument

Paul van Genuchten
I should do my research before posting… let me create an issue for the properties specification in openapidoc