default font selection in wxgrass

Michael Barton
default font selection in wxgrass I’ve implemented a default font selection dialog in the development wxPython GUI that builds a listbox from either stroke fonts or the truetype fonts in freetypecap.

I added dfont and otf to acceptable extensions in mkftcap on my system and it works well. Any reason not to commit this change?

The wxPython font selection dialog is also filtering fonts that have duplicate face names. I’m getting a LOT of duplicates from multiple directories. Any reason not to do this? Would it be better to do in the script, or is it too difficult to do there?

Anyway, give it a try.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: default font selection in wxgrass

Glynn Clements

Michael Barton wrote:

> I¹ve implemented a default font selection dialog in the development wxPython
> GUI that builds a listbox from either stroke fonts or the truetype fonts in
> freetypecap.
>
> I added dfont and otf to acceptable extensions in mkftcap on my system and
> it works well. Any reason not to commit this change?
>
> The wxPython font selection dialog is also filtering fonts that have
> duplicate face names. I¹m getting a LOT of duplicates from multiple
> directories. Any reason not to do this? Would it be better to do in the
> script, or is it too difficult to do there?

The ideal solution would be to force the names to be unique, but
that's quite hard to do in a shell script.

--
Glynn Clements <[hidden email]>