deegree in INSPIRE Geoportal

Jens Fitzke
_
[sorry for cross-postings]

Folks,

As you might already know there is good news for deegree: Our open source
software package will play a central role in building the INSPIRE Geoportal. The
respective tender has just been awarded to Planetek Italia and lat/lon. There is
a press release [1, 2, 3] which provides some background information.

This project also has a significant impact on the deegree roadmap. It needs to
be adjusted to the project's requirements and schedule. As a result the 3.1
release, which was scheduled for May will be postponed until the roadmap will be
readjusted. We'll announce the availability of the revised roadmap and the new
release date for 3.1 then.

Any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jens

[1] EN version: http://bit.ly/hZ6YdV
[2] DE version: http://bit.ly/h8IRDo