csw getcapabilities error

David Percy
Hi guys, love geoserver!

Trying to get a small SDI going for some of the colleges here in Portland. Using Geoserver and CKAN.

I looked through all of the listserv archives, and other web resources and couldn't find anything.

Currently running geoserver 2.7, on java 1.7.0_76, on win2012R2 in a amazon EC2 instance

When using either QGIS or CKAN (what I really want to use) as a client I get this error:
Error connecting to service: 'Single value expected for request parameter service but instead found: [csw, CSW]'

in the geoserver.log file (after turning on Verbose logging) I see this:
ERROR [geoserver.ows] -
org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: Single value expected for request parameter service but instead found: [csw, CSW]

I've tried this with GS 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7.
2.5 and 2.6 were running on Centos.

I even opened up the csw.xml file and changed CSW to csw
:-)

I've been trying all sorts of stuff to solve this over the last 1.5 months. I figure I must be missing something simple. I thought it might be on the client side, but apparently not!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Cheers,
Percy

--
David Percy ("Percy")
-Geospatial Data Manager

Re: csw getcapabilities error

geowolf
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:30 AM, David Percy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys, love geoserver!

Trying to get a small SDI going for some of the colleges here in Portland. Using Geoserver and CKAN.

I looked through all of the listserv archives, and other web resources and couldn't find anything.

Currently running geoserver 2.7, on java 1.7.0_76, on win2012R2 in a amazon EC2 instance

When using either QGIS or CKAN (what I really want to use) as a client I get this error:
Error connecting to service: 'Single value expected for request parameter service but instead found: [csw, CSW]'

This happens because the client is sending an invalid request with "&service=csw&service=CSW" in the url.
I guess the client is trying to add its own service and request parameters, if that's the case instead of giving the
capabilities url as:
http://host:port/geoserver/ows?service=csw&request=GetCapabilities&version=2.0.1
try just the base url:
http://host:port/geoserver/ows?

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: csw getcapabilities error

Julian

That sounds as if the SERVICE parameter has been specified twice in the actual request being sent. Try removing it from your connection string.

Cheers
Julian

Re: csw getcapabilities error

David Percy
Andrea and Julian, thanks a bunch!!!

That worked perfectly!

I guess I should have read the error message more carefully...

That's a bunch of hours that I can't charge the client for!
:-)

Happy to move on the next step, thanks again,
Percy

Hi,