credits for major contributors

Paul Spencer
In response to Zac's comment http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/460#comment:1 regarding Hume City Council funding significant amounts of work that have improved Fusion, I am wondering if we should modify the Fusion wiki home page to include credits for major contributors?

Is this a good idea?

So far I would imagine that this would include at least Hume City Council and the City of Nanaimo.   Are there others that I am overlooking?   Should we include Autodesk, DM Solutions Group, Ennoble (is this right for Jackie and Zac ?).

Alternately, we could credit in the release notes (I think we've done this before) and possibly include a CREDITS file in SVN and the releases.

Cheers

Paul

Re: credits for major contributors

zspitzer

I think this is a great idea, it hopefully will encourage other companies using fusion
to consider contributing enhancements back to the project as well.

Ennoble Consultancy Australia is the correct company name for Jackie and I,
I would also suggest Trevor Wekel from OTX System http://www.otxsystems.com/
be included in the credits for all his dedicated contribution with build work
and testing as well

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Paul Spencer <[hidden email]> wrote:
In response to Zac's comment http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/460#comment:1 regarding Hume City Council funding significant amounts of work that have improved Fusion, I am wondering if we should modify the Fusion wiki home page to include credits for major contributors?

Is this a good idea?

So far I would imagine that this would include at least Hume City Council and the City of Nanaimo.   Are there others that I am overlooking?   Should we include Autodesk, DM Solutions Group, Ennoble (is this right for Jackie and Zac ?).

Alternately, we could credit in the release notes (I think we've done this before) and possibly include a CREDITS file in SVN and the releases.

Cheers

Paul

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director