crash on Mapserver Mapfile export

Burgholzer,Robert

I am trying to use the mapserver mapfile export feature, but am getting an error.  The following is my information, any help would be appreciated.

Error Message:

Msexport.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

When:

After clicking “OK” on the “Export to Mapserver” dialog box. Occurs when both all fields are filled out, AND when checking “Export LAYER Information Only”.

System details:

Windows XP service pack 2

QGis 8.1-Titan – from installer

Python 2.5.1

Robert W. Burgholzer

Surface Water Modeler

Office of Water Supply and Planning

804-698-4405

Open Source Modeling Tools:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/npsource/

Re: crash on Mapserver Mapfile export

Jeff McKenna-2
One possibility is that you are hitting the same issue that I hit before
(https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/636), where I was classifying a
shapefile which has empty values for that classification field, and the
mapserver-export tool was crashing.

--
jeff

Burgholzer,Robert wrote:

> I am trying to use the mapserver mapfile export feature, but am getting
> an error.  The following is my information, any help would be appreciated.
>

> Error Message:
>
> Msexport.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>

> When:
>
> After clicking “OK” on the “Export to Mapserver” dialog box. Occurs when
> both all fields are filled out, AND when checking “Export LAYER
> Information Only”.
>

> System details:
>
> Windows XP service pack 2
>
> QGis 8.1-Titan – from installer
>
> Python 2.5.1
>

> Robert W. Burgholzer
>
> Surface Water Modeler
>
> Office of Water Supply and Planning
>
> Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> 804-698-4405
>
> Open Source Modeling Tools:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/npsource/

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca

Re: crash on Mapserver Mapfile export

Burgholzer,Robert
Interesting ... I think you are on to something, although the layer that
appears to have caused my crash (eliminating it allows proper export)
has no classification applied.  There are, however, 2 columns named
"id", one which bears the value of "id" from the PostGIS database table,
and another that is null.  Is this null column put there by Qgis, or by
the PostGIS import routine?   One confounding piece of info might be
that the original shapefile (which formed the basis of the PostGIS
table) has the "Id" column, that made it into PostGIS as "id", maybe
that is my trouble?

Is PostGIS import written in python?

Thanks,
r.b.