copying selected feature information

j.m

copying selected feature information

j.m

I would appreciate some help with copying acreage information in a table from a shape file to a word document. When I try to copy the information I also copy the geometry information of the polygon, which I don’t want to copy. How can I copy select information from a shape file table to another program like excel or word?

Thanks for your help and time.

Jake

Re: copying selected feature information

Micha Silver
On 03/06/2012 04:57, Jake Maier wrote:

I would appreciate some help with copying acreage information in a table from a shape file to a word document. When I try to copy the information I also copy the geometry information of the polygon, which I don’t want to copy. How can I copy select information from a shape file table to another program like excel or word?

Did you try "Save As..." and choose to save as a Comma Separated Value file? That will then open in a spreadsheet program.

Thanks for your help and time.

Jake

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

--
Micha Silver
052-3665918

Re: copying selected feature information

Giovanni Manghi-2

On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 21:57 -0400, Jake Maier wrote:
> I would appreciate some help with copying acreage information in a
> table from a shape file to a word document. When I try to copy the
> information I also copy the geometry information of the polygon, which
> I don’t want to copy. How can I copy select information from a shape
> file table to another program like excel or word?

there is an option (in the general options) to avoid that in qgis-master
aka 1.8.

cheers

-- Giovanni --

j.m

Re: copying selected feature information

j.m

Thank you Giovanni,
Do you recommend downloading 1.8 and where would I get it. I only see information about 1.8 but didn't see a download link. Is it stabile enough to work with it or should I better wait for the official release. When is the official release expected?
Again, thank you for your information.
Jake

Re: copying selected feature information

macho

Re: copying selected feature information

magerlin
Hi Jake

Are you aware that you can just open the *.dbf file corresponding to the *.shp file directly in Excel to see the table?

This will of course show you the whole table, not just some selected features, so tshis might not be what you ask for?
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 3.14.15
Windows 10, 64bit
j.m

Re: copying selected feature information

j.m

[JM] Morton, yes I'm aware of it but I totally forgot about it and never
considered it.
Excel perfect for that because with autofilter you can easily select just
exactly the info that you need. Great, I don't know why I never thought
about the obvious  :)
Jake