convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL

Mike Flannigan

I think I want to convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL.  Is
this a good command to use to do that?
C:\GDAL\bin\gdal\apps\gdal_translate -of GTiff C:\Copy\bm.pdf
C:\Copy\bm.tif --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300 -co "COMPRESS=JPEG" -co
"JPEG_QUALITY=85"

Mike

Re: convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL

Mike Flannigan

Yeah, that makes sense.
To tell you the truth that was a test of the
list and I didn't just want to say "test".

This list sure isn't very busy.
It's an esoteric subject, so no surprise
I guess.

Mike

On 8/19/2014 7:16 AM, Even Rouault wrote:

> Selon Mike Flannigan <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I think I want to convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL.  Is
>> this a good command to use to do that?
>> C:\GDAL\bin\gdal\apps\gdal_translate -of GTiff C:\Copy\bm.pdf
>> C:\Copy\bm.tif --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300 -co "COMPRESS=JPEG" -co
>> "JPEG_QUALITY=85"
> Looks reasonable.
> But it would be more a question for [hidden email] mailing list.
>

>> Mike

Re: convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL

Laurence R Moore
Some resources on GeoPDF-to-GeoTIFF conversion:

A USGS FAQ and technical paper: http://www.usgs.gov/faq/categories/9797/3704

------------------------------------
Laurence R (Larry) Moore
US Geological Survey

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Mike Flannigan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense.
To tell you the truth that was a test of the
list and I didn't just want to say "test".

This list sure isn't very busy.
It's an esoteric subject, so no surprise
I guess.

Mike

On 8/19/2014 7:16 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Selon Mike Flannigan <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I think I want to convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL.  Is
>> this a good command to use to do that?
>> C:\GDAL\bin\gdal\apps\gdal_translate -of GTiff C:\Copy\bm.pdf
>> C:\Copy\bm.tif --config GDAL_PDF_DPI 300 -co "COMPRESS=JPEG" -co
>> "JPEG_QUALITY=85"
> Looks reasonable.
> But it would be more a question for [hidden email] mailing list.
>

>> Mike

Re: convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL

Mike Flannigan

Thanks a bunch.  I had not seen that
ustopo2gtif_current.pdf file until now.

Mike

On 8/20/2014 9:57 AM, Moore, Laurence wrote:
Some resources on GeoPDF-to-GeoTIFF conversion:

A USGS FAQ and technical paper: http://www.usgs.gov/faq/categories/9797/3704

Re: convert PDF's to GeoTiff's with GDAL

arronlee
I wonder have you worked it out? When it comes to PDF conversion process, I have another question for you. I wonder have you ever tried to convert PDF to image files before? I am testing the related PDF to Tiff converting , PDF to JPG converting , and PDF to BMP converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
Best Regards,
Arron