configuring user access roles

Ricardo Manuel Batalha Vilhena

Hello.

First of all I’d like to say that I’m a complete noob to geoserver, and my function in the geoserver, is “simply” administering it.

So this is general information of my GeoServer:

Build Information

Version 2.1-SNAPSHOT

Subversion Revision -1

Build Date 24-May-2012 21:47

GeoTools Version 2.7-SNAPSHOT (rev -1)

What’s my problem:

Last week I defined  UserRoles and DataSecurityRules in order to protect workspaces from different users.

The problem is that last, week user, geo_user1, had the possibility to, when in geoexplorer mode, select different workspaces when he was uploading layers, but now the workspace dropbox appears empty. The user geo_user1 had administration privileges before I made this modification.

Can you help me in fiding out how can I create this kind of permission so that I can allow this user to select the different workspaces and stores?

I’ve read the manual but couldn’t find anything on this kind permission

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Ricardo Vilhena

http://img.ulisboa.pt/ulisboa_sp_rgb_mail_170.gif

Ricardo Vilhena
Núcleo de Administração de Sistemas
Departamento de Informática

Alameda da Universidade  -  Cidade Universitária
1649-004 Lisboa  -  PORTUGAL
M. +351 92 413 84 71 / T. +351 21 044 34 24 - Ext. 30244
E.
[hidden email]
www.ulisboa.pt

Re: configuring user access roles

Stefano Iacovella

Build Information

Version 2.1-SNAPSHOT

You should seriously consider an upgrade of GeoServer, as your release is really old. Currently is 2.6, with 2.5.x still supported.

Cheers,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: configuring user access roles

Christian Mueller-3
Hi Ricardo

Please follow the advice of Stefano, the security subsystem has changed significantly since 2.1.

Due to limited time, it is not possible to investigate in problems occurring in outdated versions.

Cheers
Christian

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Stefano Iacovella <[hidden email]> wrote:

Build Information

Version 2.1-SNAPSHOT

You should seriously consider an upgrade of GeoServer, as your release is really old. Currently is 2.6, with 2.5.x still supported.

Cheers,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

DI Christian Mueller MSc (GIS), MSc (IT-Security)
OSS Open Source Solutions GmbH