compiling QGIS in Windows

alessandro.sarretta@inwind.it
Hi all,
I tried to install QGIS in Windows XP following the instructions in the file INSTALL in svn.qgis.org in order to utilize QGIS 9 in Windows and try new options.
It is all ok until the compilation of PyQt:

*) Unpack PyQt to a temporary directory, open console (cmd.exe) and compile:
 > c:\Qt\4.3.0\bin\qtvars.bat
 > python configure.py
 > make
 > make install

When I launch "configure.py" I have this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\sarretta\Desktop\PyQt-win-gpl-4.2>configure.py
Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
Error: C:\Qt\4.3.0\mkspecs\win32-g++\qmake.conf: macro 'QMAKE_CFLAGS_THREAD' is not defined.

I have non experience in compiling software, and this is the first time I try to compile QGIS in Windows.
Could you help me? I made some errors or there is an error in some configuration files?
Thanks for your work!
Ciao!
Ale