community sprint before Xmas? :)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

community sprint before Xmas? :)

Veronica Andreo
Hi devs, 

What do you think about a short community sprint before Xmas? Well, indeed before December 17th would be better because I travel to Argentina for Xmas :) 

Ok seriously, even though there's the OSGeo code sprint in March, that's still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the agenda for quite some time already...e.g. new website, git migration, include more core devs and so on... we should also keep planning ahead for GRASS 8... The idea of meeting is not only because of that, but above all because it is always so nice and fun to meet :D

Anyway, I have created a doodle [0] with friday+weekends until December 10th inclusive. Other options are also possible, I just put that because friday+weekend(+monday alternatively) is the most convenient in my case. If you are interested/available, please fill in the doodle or suggest other preferred dates. The idea is to see if we may coincide in our availability and meet.

Regarding the place, I can offer my house to accomodate 5-6 persons (we would need 2-3 inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags). Or we can rent an airbnb here or somewhere else (btw, I live in Enschede, Netherlands). 

First, let's see if we can coincide in timing. 

What do you say?

Cheers, 
Vero



_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

Moritz Lennert
On 12/10/17 13:42, Veronica Andreo wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> What do you think about a short community sprint before Xmas? Well,
> indeed before December 17th would be better because I travel to
> Argentina for Xmas :)
>
> Ok seriously, even though there's the OSGeo code sprint in March, that's
> still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the
> agenda for quite some time already...e.g. new website, git migration,
> include more core devs and so on... we should also keep planning ahead
> for GRASS 8... The idea of meeting is not only because of that, but
> above all because it is always so nice and fun to meet :D
>
> Anyway, I have created a doodle [0] with friday+weekends until December
> 10th inclusive. Other options are also possible, I just put that because
> friday+weekend(+monday alternatively) is the most convenient in my case.
> If you are interested/available, please fill in the doodle or suggest
> other preferred dates. The idea is to see if we may coincide in our
> availability and meet.
>
> Regarding the place, I can offer my house to accomodate 5-6 persons (we
> would need 2-3 inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags). Or we can rent
> an airbnb here or somewhere else (btw, I live in Enschede, Netherlands).
>
> First, let's see if we can coincide in timing.
>
> What do you say?

Great idea !!

I'll have to check availabilities, but I'll fill out the Doodle ASAP.

Moritz
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

Luca Delucchi
In reply to this post by Veronica Andreo
On 12 October 2017 at 13:42, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>

Hi,

> What do you think about a short community sprint before Xmas? Well, indeed
> before December 17th would be better because I travel to Argentina for Xmas
> :)
>
> Ok seriously, even though there's the OSGeo code sprint in March, that's
> still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the agenda
> for quite some time already...e.g. new website, git migration, include more
> core devs and so on... we should also keep planning ahead for GRASS 8... The
> idea of meeting is not only because of that, but above all because it is
> always so nice and fun to meet :D
>
> Anyway, I have created a doodle [0] with friday+weekends until December 10th
> inclusive. Other options are also possible, I just put that because
> friday+weekend(+monday alternatively) is the most convenient in my case. If
> you are interested/available, please fill in the doodle or suggest other
> preferred dates. The idea is to see if we may coincide in our availability
> and meet.
>
> Regarding the place, I can offer my house to accomodate 5-6 persons (we
> would need 2-3 inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags). Or we can rent an
> airbnb here or somewhere else (btw, I live in Enschede, Netherlands).
>
> First, let's see if we can coincide in timing.
>
> What do you say?
>

I'm sorry but it is really hard that I could join you... see you in
Bonn in March!

> Cheers,
> Vero
>


--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

Markus Neteler
In reply to this post by Veronica Andreo
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> What do you think about a short community sprint before Xmas? Well, indeed
> before December 17th would be better because I travel to Argentina for Xmas
> :)

very good idea! we are accumulating things to discuss like

- specs for GRASS GIS 8
- what's missing for 7.4.0

Outreach:
- maybe run a survey to know who uses GRASS GIS
- offer more GRASS GIS courses
- more online material, use Sphinx
- set up a new web site (asap) with responsive design
- generate tons of 1min videos


> Ok seriously, even though there's the OSGeo code sprint in March, that's
> still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the agenda
> for quite some time already...e.g. new website, git migration, include more
> core devs and so on... we should also keep planning ahead for GRASS 8... The
> idea of meeting is not only because of that, but above all because it is
> always so nice and fun to meet :D

Yes, definitely!

> Anyway, I have created a doodle [0] with friday+weekends until December 10th
> inclusive. Other options are also possible, I just put that because
> friday+weekend(+monday alternatively) is the most convenient in my case. If
> you are interested/available, please fill in the doodle or suggest other
> preferred dates. The idea is to see if we may coincide in our availability
> and meet.

even if not all have time, some devs or power users will be able to
participate. Then we can have soon another one!

> Regarding the place, I can offer my house to accomodate 5-6 persons (we
> would need 2-3 inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags). Or we can rent an
> airbnb here or somewhere else (btw, I live in Enschede, Netherlands).

thanks for the kind offer to host the meeting.

> First, let's see if we can coincide in timing.
>
> What do you say?

wonderful idea!

Best, Markus

> Cheers,
> Vero
>
> [0] https://beta.doodle.com/poll/p4a8wmtcpw6c9m9s
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

Helmut Kudrnovsky

>very good idea! we are accumulating things to discuss like
>
>- specs for GRASS GIS 8
>- what's missing for 7.4.0
>
>Outreach:
>- maybe run a survey to know who uses GRASS GIS
>- offer more GRASS GIS courses
>- more online material, use Sphinx
>- set up a new web site (asap) with responsive design
>- generate tons of 1min videos

what about review and (possible) integration of GSoC 2017 work?



-----
best regards
Helmut
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Dev-f3991897.html
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
best regards
Helmut
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

pvanbosgeo
In reply to this post by Veronica Andreo


Hi Vero

On October 12, 2017 1:42:58 PM Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> What do you think about a short community sprint before Xmas? Well, indeed
> before December 17th would be better because I travel to Argentina for Xmas
> :)
>
> Ok seriously, even though there's the OSGeo code sprint in March, that's
> still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the agenda
> for quite some time already...e.g. new website, git migration, include more
> core devs and so on... we should also keep planning ahead for GRASS 8...
> The idea of meeting is not only because of that, but above all because it
> is always so nice and fun to meet :D


Great idea


>
> Anyway, I have created a doodle [0] with friday+weekends until December
> 10th inclusive. Other options are also possible, I just put that because
> friday+weekend(+monday alternatively) is the most convenient in my case. If
> you are interested/available, please fill in the doodle or suggest other
> preferred dates. The idea is to see if we may coincide in our availability
> and meet.
>
> Regarding the place, I can offer my house to accomodate 5-6 persons (we
> would need 2-3 inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags). Or we can rent an
> airbnb here or somewhere else (btw, I live in Enschede, Netherlands).
>
> First, let's see if we can coincide in timing.
>
> What do you say?


I'm interested to participate. Not yet sure what dates I'll have time (probably end of November or in December.


>
> Cheers,
> Vero
>
> [0] https://beta.doodle.com/poll/p4a8wmtcpw6c9m9s
>
>
>
> ----------
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev


_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

Markus Neteler
In reply to this post by Helmut Kudrnovsky
On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>>very good idea! we are accumulating things to discuss like
>>
>>- specs for GRASS GIS 8
>>- what's missing for 7.4.0
>>
>>Outreach:
>>- maybe run a survey to know who uses GRASS GIS
>>- offer more GRASS GIS courses
>>- more online material, use Sphinx
>>- set up a new web site (asap) with responsive design
>>- generate tons of 1min videos
>
> what about review and (possible) integration of GSoC 2017 work?

Good idea! I'd suggest to start a Wiki page for the meeting...

Markus (in a train with occasional net connection)
_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: community sprint before Xmas? :)

Markus Metz-3
In reply to this post by Veronica Andreo


On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> What do you think about a short community sprint before Xmas? Well, indeed before December 17th would be better because I travel to Argentina for Xmas :)

I would love to join and am available in November and the first three days of December.

Hope to see you soon!

Markus M

>
> Ok seriously, even though there's the OSGeo code sprint in March, that's still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the agenda for quite some time already...e.g. new website, git migration, include more core devs and so on... we should also keep planning ahead for GRASS 8... The idea of meeting is not only because of that, but above all because it is always so nice and fun to meet :D
>
> Anyway, I have created a doodle [0] with friday+weekends until December 10th inclusive. Other options are also possible, I just put that because friday+weekend(+monday alternatively) is the most convenient in my case. If you are interested/available, please fill in the doodle or suggest other preferred dates. The idea is to see if we may coincide in our availability and meet.
>
> Regarding the place, I can offer my house to accomodate 5-6 persons (we would need 2-3 inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags). Or we can rent an airbnb here or somewhere else (btw, I live in Enschede, Netherlands).
>
> First, let's see if we can coincide in timing.
>
> What do you say?
>
> Cheers,
> Vero
>
> [0] https://beta.doodle.com/poll/p4a8wmtcpw6c9m9s
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> grass-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev


_______________________________________________
grass-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-dev