commercial or closed using PROJ.4

Maciek Sieczka
Hi All!

Can anybody say what commercial or closed-source software uses PROJ.4?
Besides the Google Earth?

Cheers,
Maciek

RE: commercial or closed using PROJ.4

Noel Zinn-2
Matlab by the MathWorks uses proj.4 in the Mapping Toolbox.  -Noel

RE: commercial or closed using PROJ.4

Maciek Sieczka
Noel, thanks for your input.

Would that be all?

I couldn't find any on my own.

Frank's presentation "PROJ.4 Handling Coordinate Systems" mentions that
"Various comercial packages" depend on PROJ.4. Two I know of so far...

(I was kindly pointed I should rather use "proprietary" as an opposite
of FOSS, instead of "commercial", which I admit is right, however I'm
quoting somebody else's words here.)

Maciek

On nie, 2005-11-27 at 20:53 -0600, Noel Zinn wrote:

> Matlab by the MathWorks uses proj.4 in the Mapping Toolbox.  -Noel

Eric Miller-4
I think PROJ.4 sees a lot of internal use.  We have it in use for a few database projects, but they aren't things we'd distribute outside of our organization or close partners.

>>> [hidden email] 11/27/2005 10:37:31 PM >>>
Noel, thanks for your input.

Would that be all?

I couldn't find any on my own.

Frank's presentation "PROJ.4 Handling Coordinate Systems" mentions that
"Various comercial packages" depend on PROJ.4. Two I know of so far...

(I was kindly pointed I should rather use "proprietary" as an opposite
of FOSS, instead of "commercial", which I admit is right, however I'm
quoting somebody else's words here.)

Maciek

On nie, 2005-11-27 at 20:53 -0600, Noel Zinn wrote:

> Matlab by the MathWorks uses proj.4 in the Mapping Toolbox.  -Noel

Carl Godkin-2
On 11/23/05, Maciek Sieczka <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Can anybody say what commercial or closed-source software uses PROJ.4?
> Besides the Google Earth?

My company, Dynamic Graphics, uses PROJ.4 in our EarthVision family of
applications.

carl

Re: commercial or closed using PROJ.4

Frank Warmerdam
On 11/28/05, Maciek Sieczka <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Frank's presentation "PROJ.4 Handling Coordinate Systems" mentions that
> "Various comercial packages" depend on PROJ.4. Two I know of so far...

Maciek,

I am generally not keen on announcing that folks use such
libraries, unless they have chosen to announce it themselves.
While I can think of a few that use (or have used) PROJ.4 in
released proprietary products, it also gets used alot for inhouse
custom software.