code of conduct

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be valuable
to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to demonstrate
our commitment explicitly.

I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
suggestions based on other project experiences.

Cheers

..Tom

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
[2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

Re: code of conduct

Adrià Mercader-5
+1

It's a sign of a mature and welcoming community like pycsw

On 9 November 2017 at 14:36, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be valuable
to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to demonstrate
our commitment explicitly.

I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
suggestions based on other project experiences.

Cheers

..Tom

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
[2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

Re: code of conduct

Paolo Corti
Hi Tom
it works very well for me as well

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
> in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
> never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be valuable
> to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to demonstrate
> our commitment explicitly.
>
> I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
> suggestions based on other project experiences.
>
> Cheers
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
> [2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti

Re: code of conduct

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
Hi Tom, all

+1 from me too. Excellent idea ;)

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Paolo Corti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tom
it works very well for me as well

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
> in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
> never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be valuable
> to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to demonstrate
> our commitment explicitly.
>
> I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
> suggestions based on other project experiences.
>
> Cheers
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
> [2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti

Re: code of conduct

Angelos Tzotsos
+1
Angelos

On 11/09/2017 04:36 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:

> Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
> in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
> never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be valuable
> to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to demonstrate
> our commitment explicitly.
>
> I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
> suggestions based on other project experiences.
>
> Cheers
>
> ..Tom
>
> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
> [2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: code of conduct

Tom Kralidis
Thanks all.  Added in
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

..Tom

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> Angelos
>
> On 11/09/2017 04:36 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
>>
>> Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
>> in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
>> never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be
>> valuable
>> to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to
>> demonstrate
>> our commitment explicitly.
>>
>> I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
>> suggestions based on other project experiences.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1]
>> https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
>> [2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: code of conduct

jmckenna
Administrator
As the former mentor for pycsw during its graduation process, I fully
support this.  Thank you Tom and team for this addition.  -jeff

On 2017-11-09 11:53 AM, Adrià Mercader wrote:

> +1
>
> It's a sign of a mature and welcoming community like pycsw
>
> On 9 November 2017 at 14:36, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of
>     conduct
>     in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
>     never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be
>     valuable
>     to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to
>     demonstrate
>     our commitment explicitly.
>
>     I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
>     suggestions based on other project experiences.
>
>     Cheers
>
>     ..Tom
>
>     [1]
>     https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/
>     <https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/>
>     [2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/
>     <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/>

Re: code of conduct

Rich Signell
Tom,
Not only am I in full support, but plan to add this to other projects.
I was totally unaware -- thanks for sharing!
-Rich

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks all.  Added in
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

..Tom

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1
> Angelos
>
> On 11/09/2017 04:36 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
>>
>> Hi all: in the spirit of community, I'd like to propose a code of conduct
>> in pycsw.  GitHub provides a nice overview and options at [1].  We have
>> never had issues of code of conduct in pycsw but I think it would be
>> valuable
>> to have this formalized/displayed in the codebase nonetheless to
>> demonstrate
>> our commitment explicitly.
>>
>> I initially propose the Contributor Covenant [2] but I'm open to other
>> suggestions based on other project experiences.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1]
>> https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-code-of-conduct-to-your-project/