cite tests don't compile

Florent gravin-2
Hi list,

I would like to launch the test suite included in geoserver :

src/community/cite
i got the last sources from trunk/master

But when i try to mvn clean install i have some errors :
jar:file:/home/fgravin/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.6/maven-antrun-plugin-1.6.jar!/org/apache/maven/ant/tasks/antlib.xml:24: The following error occurred while executing this line:
jar:file:/home/fgravin/.m2/repository/org/apache/ant/ant/1.8.1/ant-1.8.1.jar!/org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml:37: Could not create task or type of type: componentdef.

i have ant 1.8.2 ... maybe there is a conflict version
i tried to edit cite/pom.xml and change maven-antrun-plugin version but couldnt make it work.

Thanks for help

--
Florent Gravin
CampToCamp - Chambéry

Re: cite tests don't compile

Justin Deoliveira
Hi Florent,

That cite community module is obsolete, i should really remove it from our repository. Instead you can use a secondary little project i set up here:

Same idea, but more up to date and works with the latest versions of the tests for services that GeoServer implements.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Justin

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Florent Gravin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michael Romero
I also ran into issues following the documentation (http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/cite-test-guide/index.html). That page should be either updated to work with the source or removed along with the source as suggested. I ended up using Justin's project and it worked great. Thanks for that!

Michael

On 07/13/2012 07:43 AM, Justin Deoliveira wrote:
[...]

Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: cite tests don't compile

Justin Deoliveira
Hey guys,

Just updated the cite test guide and removed the community module. Docs should be updated shortly.

-Justin

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Michael Romero <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

geowolf
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Justin Deoliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

Just updated the cite test guide and removed the community module. Docs should be updated shortly.

Cool, thanks for doing that :)

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information.

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:   +39 0584 962313
mob:   +39  339 8844549

Jenkins

Ben Caradoc-Davies
[This was the cite tests thread]

On 18/07/12 08:23, Michael Romero wrote:
> Yes, that was very helpful thanks! We are in the process of adding jobs
> in our Jenkins instance to run the cite tests against our GeoServer,
> similar to the OpenGeo Jenkins.

Oh, we should compare notes. We are not running cite tests but are
running jdbc tests and app-schema online tests against postgis and oracle.

I am in the process of writing it up (so it will be a mess for the next
six hours or so):
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/Infosrvices/JenkinsGeoserverMaster
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/Infosrvices/JenkinsGeoserverMasterTechnicalNotes

There are many ways to configure Jenkins (and I am a Jenkins n00b). This
one is a pipeline of jobs locked to a single executor with fixed
workspace names, ordered with the build priority plugin, no Jenkins
artifact archival (everything kept in the slave workspaces). The docs
include a slave startup script for Debian 6 squeeze.

Our coverage is Oracle JDK 6 64-bit. I know we have had expressions of
interest from list members wanting OpenJDK 7 CI coverage. More Jenkins =
more good.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer

Re: cite tests don't compile

geowolf
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Michael Romero <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, that was very helpful thanks! We are in the process of adding jobs in our Jenkins instance to run the cite tests against our GeoServer, similar to the OpenGeo Jenkins.

Interesting. Will it be something closed, or one that will be somehow shared with the community like OpenGeo one?
What operating system are you going to run the tests on?

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:   +39 0584 962313
mob:   +39  339 8844549

Re: Jenkins

Justin Deoliveira

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
[This was the cite tests thread]

On 18/07/12 08:23, Michael Romero wrote:
Yes, that was very helpful thanks! We are in the process of adding jobs
in our Jenkins instance to run the cite tests against our GeoServer,
similar to the OpenGeo Jenkins.

Oh, we should compare notes. We are not running cite tests but are running jdbc tests and app-schema online tests against postgis and oracle.

Nice, actually I just recently set up our build bot to do the same. Any chance you are seeing the same failure as located here:

I am in the process of writing it up (so it will be a mess for the next six hours or so):
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/Infosrvices/JenkinsGeoserverMaster
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/Infosrvices/JenkinsGeoserverMasterTechnicalNotes

There are many ways to configure Jenkins (and I am a Jenkins n00b). This one is a pipeline of jobs locked to a single executor with fixed workspace names, ordered with the build priority plugin, no Jenkins artifact archival (everything kept in the slave workspaces). The docs include a slave startup script for Debian 6 squeeze.

Our coverage is Oracle JDK 6 64-bit. I know we have had expressions of interest from list members wanting OpenJDK 7 CI coverage. More Jenkins = more good.

Definitely more jenkins == good. A while back I had mentioned that I wanted to actually throw most of our job configuration/scripts in version control but never really got around to it. If folks are interested in that and using it for another hudson instance i can try to start that movement again.

I also pretty interested to try out hudsons/jenkins multi-node feature as well. Anyone have any experience with it?
Kind regards,

On 18/07/12 18:49, Justin Deoliveira wrote:
> Nice

Thanks. I still know my Jenkins setup has problems; I will keep on
working on it as time permits.

> actually I just recently set up our build bot to do the same. Any
> chance you are seeing the same failure as located here:
> http://hudson.opengeo.org/hudson/view/geotools/job/geotools-8.x-jdbc/

Yes, I created a Jira issue for this failure on Tuesday, I see it on
both Oracle 11g and PostreSQL 8.4 in Maven. I have also reproduced it in
Eclipse against PostgreSQL 9.0.8.

Intermittent JDBCJoinTest failures
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4204

Kind regards,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 18/07/12 18:49, Justin Deoliveira wrote:
Nice

Thanks. I still know my Jenkins setup has problems; I will keep on working on it as time permits.

actually I just recently set up our build bot to do the same. Any
chance you are seeing the same failure as located here:
http://hudson.opengeo.org/hudson/view/geotools/job/geotools-8.x-jdbc/

Yes, I created a Jira issue for this failure on Tuesday, I see it on both Oracle 11g and PostreSQL 8.4 in Maven. I have also reproduced it in Eclipse against PostgreSQL 9.0.8.

Intermittent JDBCJoinTest failures
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-4204

Intermittent indeed... the build seems to be back to fixed... for now :)

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer
Australian Resources Research Centre

--
Justin Deoliveira

Re: cite tests don't compile

Michael Romero
> Interesting. Will it be something closed, or one that will be somehow
> shared with the community like OpenGeo one?
> What operating system are you going to run the tests on?
Unfortunately everything we are doing is protected behind government
certificates. Also we are testing the layers we have for compliance
rather than GeoServer itself so I don't know how useful it would be to
the community. We are testing on CentOS.

Michael

Re: Jenkins

Michael Romero

> There are many ways to configure Jenkins (and I am a Jenkins n00b).
> This one is a pipeline of jobs locked to a single executor with fixed
> workspace names, ordered with the build priority plugin, no Jenkins
> artifact archival (everything kept in the slave workspaces). The docs
> include a slave startup script for Debian 6 squeeze.
I think I am even more of a n00b than you :) We have a CI server that
builds/deploys our software and updates our layers in GeoServer about
every 6 hours. We are in the (early) process of running integration
tests against our GeoServer instance and what better way to test
compliance then the CITE tests.

Justin: that would be great if the Jenkins confi/scripts were version
controlled. It might encourage more people to stand up instances
(jenkins.equals(good)). I kind of reverse engineered a script to mark
the job as a failure from the output of the OpenGeo jobs.

Michael