changing advanced search options

Samin Payrosangari
Dear All,

1.
I want to change the advanced search options:
Adding a new field called "topic category" to the advanced
search UI, as well as renaming the "category" field to
"Resource type". I am using Geonetwork 3.2.1. I don't know
which file should I manipulate. When I change search.html
in /catalog/views/default/templates/search.html, nothing
happens and nothing changes. I have also worked on some
other files but it was not successful. Can you tell me how
should I customize my advanced search user interface?
2.
I want to change the search result views from grid to
list. I manipulate the file
geonetwork/catalog/views/default/config.js and as
mentioned in the geonetwork documentation I change the
lines for
searchSettings.resultViewTpls to point to list.html which
is in
geonetwork/catalog/components/search/resultsview/partials/viewtemplates.
I don't see the result in my geonetwork user interface.
The search results are still in the grid form (I restarted
tomcat). Can you tell me what is the problem? which files
should be changed?

According to above issues, I don't know how can I change
the UI of my search page, I would be grateful if anyone
tells me which files should be changed for customizing the
search page user interface.

Best,
Samin

Re: changing advanced search options

Francois Prunayre
Hi Samin,

are you using the debug mode ?
http://localhost:8080/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search?debug or did you
try to clear the cache from the admin > tools page ?

HTH

Francois

> Dear All,
>
> 1.
> I want to change the advanced search options:
> Adding a new field called "topic category" to the advanced
> search UI, as well as renaming the "category" field to
> "Resource type". I am using Geonetwork 3.2.1. I don't know
> which file should I manipulate. When I change search.html
> in /catalog/views/default/templates/search.html, nothing
> happens and nothing changes. I have also worked on some
> other files but it was not successful. Can you tell me how
> should I customize my advanced search user interface?
> 2.
> I want to change the search result views from grid to
> list. I manipulate the file
> geonetwork/catalog/views/default/config.js and as
> mentioned in the geonetwork documentation I change the
> lines for
> searchSettings.resultViewTpls to point to list.html which
> is in
> geonetwork/catalog/components/search/resultsview/partials/viewtemplates.
> I don't see the result in my geonetwork user interface.
> The search results are still in the grid form (I restarted
> tomcat). Can you tell me what is the problem? which files
> should be changed?
>
> According to above issues, I don't know how can I change
> the UI of my search page, I would be grateful if anyone
> tells me which files should be changed for customizing the
> search page user interface.
>
> Best,
> Samin

> projects/geonetwork

Re: changing advanced search options

Samin Payrosangari
Dear Francois,

Thanks for help, I cleared the cache and now the search
result view is changes to list. Can you please help me in
solving my other problem? How can I change the advanced
search user interface and add new fields.

Best Samin