changing SRID?

"Weßling, Achim"
Hallo,

I have one older postgis install with version 0.8 (Postgre 7.4) and a
newer one with version 1.0 (Postgre 8.0).

Under postgis 0.8 I used SRID 31497, on postgis 1.0 I use SRID 31467.

Now I have to migrate the data from the older installation to the newer
one. Can someone give any hints? Espacially for the migration of the
SRID?

Thanks!

--

Achim Weßling
INFOKOM Gütersloh AöR

Re: changing SRID?

strk-2
On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:42:11PM +0200, Achim Weßling wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I have one older postgis install with version 0.8 (Postgre 7.4) and a
> newer one with version 1.0 (Postgre 8.0).
>
> Under postgis 0.8 I used SRID 31497, on postgis 1.0 I use SRID 31467.
>
> Now I have to migrate the data from the older installation to the newer
> one. Can someone give any hints? Espacially for the migration of the
> SRID?

Migrate the old data, then use the UpdateGeometrySRID()
function to modify the SRID of your features.

--strk;