capture point and put it to clipboard?

Martin Dobias
Hi,

I've found that at some point of time, there was a feature that when
capturing points, a signal was emitted and
QgisApp::showCapturePointCoordinate() slot was called, which should
copy point's coordinates to clipboard.

Does someone know whether this is still expected behaviour or not?

Btw. I think it's also against clipboard policy which generally says
that nothing should be put to clipboard without being it user's
intent.

Bye,
Martin

Re: capture point and put it to clipboard?

Tim Sutton
Hi

I implemented that before there was any digitizing support. When Radim
implemented first grass digitizing stuff functionality was taken over
for that. There was an explicit tool for doing this before then if I
recall correctly. It would be nice one day to have a similar tool
again  but it can probbaly best be compined into the identify tool. It
would be best I think if the identify tool showed x,y,value with a
button underneath saying 'copy to clipboard'.

Regards

Tim

On 4/5/06, Martin Dobias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've found that at some point of time, there was a feature that when
> capturing points, a signal was emitted and
> QgisApp::showCapturePointCoordinate() slot was called, which should
> copy point's coordinates to clipboard.
>
> Does someone know whether this is still expected behaviour or not?
>
> Btw. I think it's also against clipboard policy which generally says
> that nothing should be put to clipboard without being it user's
> intent.
>
> Bye,
> Martin

Tim Sutton