cannot start docker-grass with gui

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

cannot start docker-grass with gui

orkun
Hi,
I tried docker version of grass ( neteler/grassgis7 )

docker pull neteler/grassgis7

then I ran the image :
docker run -v $(pwd):/tmp:rw -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -e uid=$(id -u) -e gid=$(id -g) -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY --name grass73 -i -t neteler/grassgis7 /bin/bash

I encountered following error when I start the gui. 
GRASS 7.7.dev (latlong_wgs84):/ > g.gui
Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wx
You can still use GRASS GIS modules in the command line or in Python.

How can I start the grass with gui ?
regards



--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.
Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu


________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: cannot start docker-grass with gui

Markus Neteler
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 1:38 PM Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
> I tried docker version of grass ( neteler/grassgis7 )
>
> docker pull neteler/grassgis7
>
> then I ran the image :
> docker run -v $(pwd):/tmp:rw -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -e uid=$(id -u) -e gid=$(id -g) -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY --name grass73 -i -t neteler/grassgis7 /bin/bash
>
> I encountered following error when I start the gui.
> GRASS 7.7.dev (latlong_wgs84):/ > g.gui
> Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
> ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wx
> You can still use GRASS GIS modules in the command line or in Python.
>
> How can I start the grass with gui ?

This docker image is built without GUI support, to be used as a
head-less cloud image. For details, see

https://hub.docker.com/r/neteler/grassgis7/dockerfile

I can create a new one with GUI support if that's of interest to you.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: cannot start docker-grass with gui

orkun
thank you,

I will be very grateful if I can use docker-grass with gui.

regards

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:44 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 1:38 PM Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I tried docker version of grass ( neteler/grassgis7 )
>
> docker pull neteler/grassgis7
>
> then I ran the image :
> docker run -v $(pwd):/tmp:rw -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -e uid=$(id -u) -e gid=$(id -g) -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY --name grass73 -i -t neteler/grassgis7 /bin/bash
>
> I encountered following error when I start the gui.
> GRASS 7.7.dev (latlong_wgs84):/ > g.gui
> Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
> ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wx
> You can still use GRASS GIS modules in the command line or in Python.
>
> How can I start the grass with gui ?

This docker image is built without GUI support, to be used as a
head-less cloud image. For details, see

https://hub.docker.com/r/neteler/grassgis7/dockerfile

I can create a new one with GUI support if that's of interest to you.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog


--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.
Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu


________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: cannot start docker-grass with gui

Markus Neteler
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:05 PM Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> thank you,
>
> I will be very grateful if I can use docker-grass with gui.

I have tried to create one as written earlier today.

To try:

docker pull neteler/docker-alpine-grass-gis-gui
docker run -i -t --rm -v $(pwd):/tmp -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
     -e uid=$(id -u) -e gid=$(id -g) -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY \
     --name grass79 neteler/docker-alpine-grass-gis-gui grass79 --version

Support wanted to find the missing wx-something package. It all
compiles (docker image is there) but wxGUI misses a file (see
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2019-August/093011.html
for related discussion).

Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: cannot start docker-grass with gui

orkun
Thanks a lot. 

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 8:34 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:05 PM Ahmet Temiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> thank you,
>
> I will be very grateful if I can use docker-grass with gui.

I have tried to create one as written earlier today.

To try:

docker pull neteler/docker-alpine-grass-gis-gui
docker run -i -t --rm -v $(pwd):/tmp -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
     -e uid=$(id -u) -e gid=$(id -g) -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY \
     --name grass79 neteler/docker-alpine-grass-gis-gui grass79 --version

Support wanted to find the missing wx-something package. It all
compiles (docker image is there) but wxGUI misses a file (see
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2019-August/093011.html
for related discussion).

Markus


--
Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.
Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu


________________________

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management
of Presidency

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user