cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert
Hello,

I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring Mapbender
more in detail. :-)

I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site with a
normal root user and another user who has master status.

Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets and
sources without any issues.

However, when I login as the other user, and create an application, I
can create a layerset, but then no source is listed when I try to add one.

When I give edit status to my other user on an application created by
root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I whenever I
try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources are listed and
when I click on the edit button of an existing source, I get:

http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:

"Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
inconvenience caused."

Can someone give me a hint ?

Moritz

Re: cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert
Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring
> Mapbender more in detail. :-)
>
> I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
> feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site with a
> normal root user and another user who has master status.
>
> Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets
> and sources without any issues.
>
> However, when I login as the other user, and create an application, I
> can create a layerset, but then no source is listed when I try to add
> one.
>
> When I give edit status to my other user on an application created by
> root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I whenever
> I try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources are listed
> and when I click on the edit button of an existing source, I get:
>
> http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:
>
> "Oops! An Error Occurred
> The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
> error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
> inconvenience caused."
>
> Can someone give me a hint ?

Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
layersets.

To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group (the
students). Each student individually would have no particular rights,
but the group would have edit rights on those applications I would like
to provide as examples. They should then be able to duplicate on
example and edit them to their liking, including adding new sources to
layersets and editing those sources.

Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path to
a solution would already be very helpful.

Moritz

Re: cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert
Le Thu, 11 May 2017 11:20:18 +0200,
Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
> Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>  [...]
>
> Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
> course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
> layersets.
>
> To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group
> (the students). Each student individually would have no particular
> rights, but the group would have edit rights on those applications I
> would like to provide as examples. They should then be able to
> duplicate on example and edit them to their liking, including adding
> new sources to layersets and editing those sources.
>
> Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path
> to a solution would already be very helpful.

Another info of which I do not know if it is related:

I installed the new 3.0.6 release, and now
when I try to connect to http://localhost/mapbender3/config.php, I also
get

Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "404 Not Found".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
inconvenience caused.

Mapbender seems to run fine, but this still seems odd. Has this been
changed in the latest release or am I doing something wrong ?

Moritz

Re: cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Am 2017-05-11 11:20, schrieb Moritz Lennert:

> Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
> Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring
>> Mapbender more in detail. :-)
>>
>> I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
>> feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site with a
>> normal root user and another user who has master status.
>>
>> Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets
>> and sources without any issues.
>>
>> However, when I login as the other user, and create an application, I
>> can create a layerset, but then no source is listed when I try to add
>> one.
>>
>> When I give edit status to my other user on an application created by
>> root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I whenever
>> I try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources are listed
>> and when I click on the edit button of an existing source, I get:
>>
>> http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:
>>
>> "Oops! An Error Occurred
>> The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
>> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
>> error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
>> inconvenience caused."
>>
>> Can someone give me a hint ?
>
> Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
> course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
> layersets.
>
> To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group (the
> students). Each student individually would have no particular rights,
> but the group would have edit rights on those applications I would like
> to provide as examples. They should then be able to duplicate on
> example and edit them to their liking, including adding new sources to
> layersets and editing those sources.
>
> Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path to
> a solution would already be very helpful.
>
> Moritz

Hello Moritz,

sorry for the late answer.

Looks like you have to modify the ACL settings for your second-admin (in
my case it is admin1).

Change ACL for Application:
* admin1 -> edit

Change ACL for Services
* admin1 -> edit

With this configuration I could add Services to applications that were
not created by admin1. AAnd also handle it via groups.

I tried your cenario. It world in my case.

If you need more help you can contact me.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

---------------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte OpenSource-GIS-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
---------------------------------------

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert
Le Thu, 11 May 2017 11:32:05 +0200,
Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Le Thu, 11 May 2017 11:20:18 +0200,
> Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
> > Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >  [...]
> >
> > Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
> > course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
> > layersets.
> >
> > To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group
> > (the students). Each student individually would have no particular
> > rights, but the group would have edit rights on those applications I
> > would like to provide as examples. They should then be able to
> > duplicate on example and edit them to their liking, including adding
> > new sources to layersets and editing those sources.
> >
> > Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path
> > to a solution would already be very helpful.
>
> Another info of which I do not know if it is related:
> I installed the new 3.0.6 release, and now
> when I try to connect to http://localhost/mapbender3/config.php, I
> also get
>

> Oops! An Error Occurred
> The server returned a "404 Not Found".
> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
> error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
> inconvenience caused.
>
> Mapbender seems to run fine, but this still seems odd. Has this been
> changed in the latest release or am I doing something wrong ?

A final info from my side, here's the installation script I use:

http://tomahawk.ulb.ac.be/moritz/installation_mapbender.sh

Am 2017-05-11 11:32, schrieb Moritz Lennert:

> Le Thu, 11 May 2017 11:20:18 +0200,
> Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
>> Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>  [...]
>>
>> Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
>> course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
>> layersets.
>>
>> To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group
>> (the students). Each student individually would have no particular
>> rights, but the group would have edit rights on those applications I
>> would like to provide as examples. They should then be able to
>> duplicate on example and edit them to their liking, including adding
>> new sources to layersets and editing those sources.
>>
>> Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path
>> to a solution would already be very helpful.
>
> Another info of which I do not know if it is related:
>
> I installed the new 3.0.6 release, and now
> when I try to connect to http://localhost/mapbender3/config.php, I also
> get
>

> Oops! An Error Occurred
> The server returned a "404 Not Found".
> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
> error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
> inconvenience caused.
>
> Mapbender seems to run fine, but this still seems odd. Has this been
> changed in the latest release or am I doing something wrong ?
>
> Moritz

Hello Moritz,

do you follow the quickstart document? It refers to the config.php and
shows how to open it.

It looks like this file is not present in 3.0.6.0 version. i get the
same error. I will talk to the developer and find out the reason.

http://localhost/3060/config.php

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

---------------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte OpenSource-GIS-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
---------------------------------------

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert
Le Thu, 11 May 2017 11:46:02 +0200,
Astrid Emde <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Am 2017-05-11 11:20, schrieb Moritz Lennert:
> > Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
> > Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring
> >> Mapbender more in detail. :-)
> >>
> >> I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
> >> feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site
> >> with a normal root user and another user who has master status.
> >>
> >> Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets
> >> and sources without any issues.
> >>
> >> However, when I login as the other user, and create an
> >> application, I can create a layerset, but then no source is listed
> >> when I try to add one.
> >>
> >> When I give edit status to my other user on an application created
> >> by root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I
> >> whenever I try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources
> >> are listed and when I click on the edit button of an existing
> >> source, I get:
> >>
> >> http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:
> >>
> >> "Oops! An Error Occurred
> >> The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
> >> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when
> >> this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for
> >> any inconvenience caused."
> >>
> >> Can someone give me a hint ?
> >
> > Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
> > course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
> > layersets.
> >
> > To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group
> > (the students). Each student individually would have no particular
> > rights, but the group would have edit rights on those applications
> > I would like to provide as examples. They should then be able to
> > duplicate on example and edit them to their liking, including
> > adding new sources to layersets and editing those sources.
> >
> > Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible
> > path to a solution would already be very helpful.
> >
> > Moritz
> >

> Hello Moritz,
>
> sorry for the late answer.
>
> Looks like you have to modify the ACL settings for your second-admin
> (in my case it is admin1).
>
> Change ACL for Application:
> * admin1 -> edit
>
> Change ACL for Services
> * admin1 -> edit

That was exactly the pointer I needed !

Actually just adding the group to the
Service Source ACL and setting it to edit and create was enough to
allow the students to add their own data sources and edit the existing
layersets in a model application they duplicate.

I guess I still have to read a bit more about the access rights
management to understand what is handled by ACL and what is handled by
the "Security" settings of an application.

Thanks a lot !

Moritz