cannot change the raster map in layer (wxpython)

cannot change the raster map in layer (wxpython)

Jarek Jasiewicz
I noticed small issue with wxpython

when I try to change the raster map in layer, I cannot. The only way is
to remove old laer and add new
It is intended?

And addational question:
how in wxpython choose more then on map in window (for example in
g.remove or r.covar)
J.

Re: cannot change the raster map in layer (wxpython)

Michael Barton

On 8/11/07 4:51 AM, "Jarek Jasiewicz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed small issue with wxpython
>
> when I try to change the raster map in layer, I cannot. The only way is
> to remove old laer and add new
> It is intended?

Double click layer or get the context menu by right-clicking the layer to
change it.

> And addational question:
> how in wxpython choose more then on map in window (for example in
> g.remove or r.covar)
> J.

Need to have a more sophisticated map selector.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Michael Barton wrote:

> On 8/11/07 4:51 AM, "Jarek Jasiewicz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I noticed small issue with wxpython
>>
>> when I try to change the raster map in layer, I cannot. The only way is
>> to remove old laer and add new
>> It is intended?
>>

> Double click layer or get the context menu by right-clicking the layer to
> change it.

Michael, I assume, that if somebody is able to install wxgrass (for
testing purrpose), is also able to find the method you have described.
So I do not desciribed, that both methods. Probably it was my mistake.
So another way:

I have wxgrass installed from 18.08.2007, morning, on ubuntu feisty
I add the layer, ad the raster map to layer and make refresh on map display.
Next step I call the properties window (both method) on layer choose
another map from combo menu, I press aplly and nothing change i.e map
remains the same

I can change the map name manually, e.g I can type the name of the map
in the combo and that way it work. I hope I write it out in propertyly.

I assume that there is three ways:
-for unknow resason it do not works only on my machine
-it do not on ubuntu feisty on the whole
-there is small bug

I rather expected that somebody confirm or not that problem.

So I apologise if my post was misunderstood, thanks for ansfer, and best
wishes in development on wxgrass
Jarek

>> And addational question:
>> how in wxpython choose more then on map in window (for example in
>> g.remove or r.covar)
>> J.
>>

> Need to have a more sophisticated map selector
>

> Michael

> Director of Graduate Studies
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> phone: 480-965-6213
> fax: 480-965-7671

Re: cannot change the raster map in layer (wxpython)

Michael Barton
Thanks for the details Jarek

On 8/19/07 2:22 AM, "Jarek Jasiewicz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have wxgrass installed from 18.08.2007, morning, on ubuntu feisty
> I add the layer, ad the raster map to layer and make refresh on map display.
> Next step I call the properties window (both method) on layer choose
> another map from combo menu, I press aplly and nothing change i.e map
> remains the same
>
> I can change the map name manually, e.g I can type the name of the map
> in the combo and that way it work. I hope I write it out in propertyly.

This is important to know. I've sometimes had the reverse experience. If I
pick from the combo box, it works. But if I type in manually it doesn't

> I assume that there is three ways:
> -for unknow resason it do not works only on my machine
> -it do not on ubuntu feisty on the whole
> -there is small bug

I'm guessing a bug. But maybe it's one that can have a workaround. I saw
last night that there is a new wxPython release, with new installation for
Debian. Maybe that will help.

> I rather expected that somebody confirm or not that problem.

Most people working on this are still gone for the summer, and the semester
is just starting for me, with a LOT of work at my REAL job ;-)

I do not know the cause of your problem. Also, I can't personally test it
because I work on a Mac and not a Debian system.

HOWEVER...

Hearing your description, suggests that some kind of change to the selection
control bindings might help. When I get a chance, I'll try to follow this
up. Also, other people working on wxgrass will start to be back over the
next few weeks and might have some ideas.