can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

adielia87
i already make a web GIS using mapguide maestro and have succeed load into internet using free application of webhost. i have a problem to view the web GIS at another pc. why? i just can view my web GIS in my pc only, not in any other pc. any solution?

RE: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

Rémy Gourrat

What’s the beginning of your URL ?

http://localhost/... Or  http://<mydomainname>/...

Have you open your firewall for incoming port ?

Have you a message error ?

Rémy

AG-Carto - Bayonne

RE: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

adielia87
the beginning of URL is http://localhost/..

what do u mean by opening the firewall for incoming port?

i dont have a message error..

tq for replying me..

RE: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

Rémy Gourrat

Localhost is the « domain name default » for your PC,

If you want access to your webserver and mapguide from another PC on a local network (not by internet),

you must type this url in your browser like this :

http://<PC name of Mapgduideserver>/…

Rémy

AG-Carto - Bayonne

tq... if i want to access through the internet, what is the exact URL? i give my web site address, can u try click on the 'Cholera Status' and 'Cholera Locality' button in the 'Map' menu of web site, i found a problem when to browse the mapguide web gis in another pc. If i browse in my pc, it does'nt hv any problem. cholerainformationsystem.site88.net

Re: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

Rémy Gourrat
Ok after trying you are very far...

Your button launch bad URL :

http://localhost/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library://CHOLERA_KOTA_KINABALU/5_Layout/Cholera_WebBasic.WebLayout&LOCALE=en

because on my computer (localhost) this resource doesn't exist Library://CHOLERA_KOTA_KINABALU/5_Layout/Cholera_WebBasic.WebLayout

you must launch this one
http://cholerainformationsystem.site88.net/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library://CHOLERA_KOTA_KINABALU/5_Layout/Cholera_WebBasic.WebLayout&LOCALE=en

localhost is only when you want to display map on the browser of the mapguide computer server.

Stupid question : is there a mapguide server on the cholerainformationsystem.site88.net because, this url return 404 Not found

Remy
AG-Carto - Bayonne

Re: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

adielia87
TQ...
i create my web GIS using mapguide open source 2.2 and mapguide maestro 5.1.
I try to publish my web using '000webhost' application software, the free source software also.
After i publish the web, i get the web site address 'cholerainformationsystem.site88.net'.
I just used the template available on '000webhost' and to link to my web gis on mapguide, i just copy the URL into the button which is available on the '000webhost' application.
So, i have to modified the URL as what u mention there?

RE: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

Rémy Gourrat

I understand your issue now.

MapGuide is a client/server application.

If you want that we can see you map, you need that your mapguide server computer is on internet.

'000webhost' don’t host MapGuide Server so it can’t deliver mapguide map.

Locahost is only know by your computer.

So you need to have your computer recognize on internet by an ip address and put your button with this url :

http://<my ip address on internet>/mapguide/…

It’s dangerous, take advice from a network admin before to put your computer on internet and parameter your firewall.

Rémy

AG-Carto - Bayonne

Re: can anyone view my web gis using mapguide maestro?

Hans Milling
You should speak with the IT department at the company where you work. If you setup a seperate machine/server with MapGuide they might be able to make it available on the internet (public). If they cannot do that, you should purchase an Amazon EC2 or some other windows server (VPS or cloud computer) that is available online. Install MapGuide on this server and setup your map identical to the one on your local computer.
Then you can make a link to the map. Instead of using http://localhost/... you will use the IP address of the server (you will be given the public IP address of the server from your IT depaartment or if you use Amazon EC2 you can get an "elastic ip" (static) for the new machine). Then you will have an url like http://54.194.110.159/mapguide/...  to put on your website.

If you are still in doubt of how to do this, then perhaps you should hire a consultant that can assist you or your company with this task.

Best regards
  Hans Milling...