call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
Hi guys,

I m new to Mapbender and have already a question. I would like to call an Mapbender instance with a WMS-URL as a parameter, so that the Mapbender-client opens with the WMS already loaded.
is that possible?

thanks
Milad

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

valenty gonzalez-2
Yes, Mapbedern its a WMS Client.

You can Add-WMS using WMS-GetCapabilities for version 1.1.0 and 1.1.1

regards,

Valenty

On 13 April 2010 09:51, Milad84 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi guys,

I m new to Mapbender and have already a question. I would like to call an
Mapbender instance with a WMS-URL as a parameter, so that the
Mapbender-client opens with the WMS already loaded.
is that possible?

thanks
Milad

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
I know that I can load WMS to mapbender dynamically. but I want to call mapbender from an other application with some parameter like a WMS-URL.
something like:

http://localhost/mapbender/index.php?sessionid=1123123123&gui_id=gui1&wms=http://localhost/wms

First I tried to call the addWMS-Function from my application buts its a javasript-function which I cant access.

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup)
Milad84 schrieb:

> Hi guys,
>
> I m new to Mapbender and have already a question. I would like to call an
> Mapbender instance with a WMS-URL as a parameter, so that the
> Mapbender-client opens with the WMS already loaded.
> is that possible?
>
> thanks
> Milad

It should work like this

(1) Compose your URL like this

http://mapbender.telascience.org/mapbender_trunk/frames/login.php?name=demo&password=demo&mb_user_myGui=template_basic

and append a GET parameter

&wms1=<your urlencoded capabilities url>

(2) make sure you have the element "loadWMC" in your application, check
"edit GUI elements.

(3) make sure "loadFromSession" is activated (set to 1) in "loadWMC".
Click the link "loadWMC" in "edit GUI elements" and check. If not
present, add it,

name: loadFromSession
value: 1
type: php var

Please share your experience. I would like to know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Christoph

--

----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu

----------------------------------

_______________________________________

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn
Germany

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 15
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
_______________________________________

Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Michael Schulz
Hi Milad,

though I haven't used this yet, I think you were quite close to the
real solution. A quick search in session.conf reveals that mapbender
will handle wms1=getcap-URL&wms2=&wms3= ... request-parameters in the
start URL.

oah, ok, Christoph was faster ...

Cheers, Michael

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
hi guys.

I checked the session.conf myself but there is nothing about wms1, wms2.... ?

and the solution christoph presented didnt work either for me. I didnt get the point with "loadFromSession" part.

I also tried to call the link christopg provided with including my wms url-encoded link, but it didnt include my wms at all.

greets
milad

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Michael Schulz
Hi,

what version of mapbender are we talking?
The $_SESSION["wms"] and load_wmc stuff is present in 2.6+

Also you need to have the loadwmc module enabled in your GUI for it to work.

Cheers, Michael

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
Ok I see. Seems that I have the version 2.5.2 installed. I will upgraded and try it again soon.

thanks.
milad

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
Hi,

well I updated mapbender to 2.6 but it still doesnt work. I try to load my gui1 with a wms. checked the gui and the loadWMC is enabled but I still didnt find something about loadFromSession

my link looks as followed..

http://localhost/mapbender26/http/frames/index.php?&gui_id=gui1&wms1=http%3A%2F%2Fintergeo.sdisuite.de%3A80%2Fwmsconnector%2Fgdi%2Fbrd%3Frequest%3Dgetcapabilities%26service%3Dwms

greets
milad

Milad84 schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> well I updated mapbender to 2.6 but it still doesnt work. I try to load my
> gui1 with a wms. checked the gui and the loadWMC is enabled but I still
> didnt find something about loadFromSession

check "edit gui elements" in admin2_en or admin1

in the right column, search loadWmc

follow the link

if not present, enter "loadFromSession" like this

name: loadFromSession
value: 1
type: php var

Let me know if it works, if not I will try to reconstruct your case on
my machine. Have a nice evening,

Christoph

--

----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu

----------------------------------

_______________________________________

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn
Germany

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 15
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
_______________________________________

Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Michael Schulz
Milad,

if you can't find the element var "loadFromSession" you'll have to set
it using the edit gui form. Tto check/set the element var click on the
link of the element id "loadwmc" - not the checkbox.

I am not 100% sure, but i think you have to use login.php not
index.php. Try the link again, supplying a name, password, if that
user has more than one gui assigned you need to supply the gui_id as
well (as mb_user_myGui) and then the wms1 url, like this:

http://localhost/mapbender26/http/frames/login.php?name=test&password=test&mb_user_myGui=gui1&
&wms1=http%3A%2F%2Fintergeo.sdisuite.de%3A80%2Fwmsconnector%2Fgdi%2Fbrd%3Frequest%3Dgetcapabilities%26service%3Dwms

HTH, Michael

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
http://www.foss-academy.eu/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Schulz
[hidden email]

in medias res

Schwimmbadstraße 2
D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.

Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09

http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
hi..

I followed all the instructions. I added the variable and i tried it with login.php and index.php. nor did work.
Maybe my wms is added but I just cant see it? But I assume that the wms should appear in the left-hand tree aswell. Am I right?

Michael Schulz wrote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mschulz@webgis.de

Milad84 schrieb:
> hi..
>
> I followed all the instructions. I added the variable and i tried it with
> login.php and index.php. nor did work.
> Maybe my wms is added but I just cant see it? But I assume that the wms
> should appear in the left-hand tree aswell. Am I right?

I will look into it today and will let you know. Thanks for bringing it
to our attention.

Christoph

> Michael Schulz wrote:
>
>> Milad,
>>
>> if you can't find the element var "loadFromSession" you'll have to set
>> it using the edit gui form. Tto check/set the element var click on the
>> link of the element id "loadwmc" - not the checkbox.
>>
>> I am not 100% sure, but i think you have to use login.php not
>> index.php. Try the link again, supplying a name, password, if that
>> user has more than one gui assigned you need to supply the gui_id as
>> well (as mb_user_myGui) and then the wms1 url, like this:
>>
>> http://localhost/mapbender26/http/frames/login.php?name=test&password=test&mb_user_myGui=gui1&
>> &wms1=http%3A%2F%2Fintergeo.sdisuite.de%3A80%2Fwmsconnector%2Fgdi%2Fbrd%3Frequest%3Dgetcapabilities%26service%3Dwms
>>
>> HTH, Michael
>>

>> 2010/4/14 Milad84 <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> well I updated mapbender to 2.6 but it still doesnt work. I try to load
>>> my
>>> gui1 with a wms. checked the gui and the loadWMC is enabled but I still
>>> didnt find something about loadFromSession
>>>
>>> my link looks as followed..
>>>
>>> http://localhost/mapbender26/http/frames/index.php?&gui_id=gui1&wms1=http%3A%2F%2Fintergeo.sdisuite.de%3A80%2Fwmsconnector%2Fgdi%2Fbrd%3Frequest%3Dgetcapabilities%26service%3Dwms
>>>
>>> greets
>>> milad
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Aufwind durch Wissen!
>>
>> Qualifizierte Open Source Schulungen bei der
>> http://www.foss-academy.eu/
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>> Michael Schulz
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> in medias res
>> Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
>>
>> Schwimmbadstraße 2
>> D-79100  Freiburg i. Br.
>>
>> Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-102
>> Tel:  +49 (0)761 705798-0
>> Fax: +49 (0)761 705798-09
>>
>> http://www.webgis.de / http://www.zopecms.de

----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu

----------------------------------

_______________________________________

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn
Germany

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 15
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
_______________________________________

Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Milad84
hi christoph,

had you already time to check that on your local machine?

thanks
milad

Re: call Mapbender-instance with WMS-URL

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup)
Hi Milad,

seems like this is an issue in 2.6 only. It works in trunk. I will add a
bug fix for 2.6 tomorrow, I still have to figure out what goes wrong.
I'm able to load the WMS, but (de)selecting layers doesn't work.

Here's the complete URL, apparently you also have to add a command
"ADDWMS".

http://domain/path/frames/login.php?name=xxxx&password=xxxx&mb_user_myGui=gui1&wms1=http%3A%2F%2Fintergeo.sdisuite.de%3A80%2Fwmsconnector%2Fgdi%2Fbrd%3Frequest%3Dgetcapabilities%26service%3Dwms&COMMAND=ADDWMS

Beware that this is not an official feature of Mapbender yet, but an
undocumented feature that resulted from a workaround for a client. We
are now starting to work on a fully documented RESTful API which will
make these operations much easier in future releases.

Thanks for your patience, will get back to you soon.

Christoph

--

[...]

thanks for your support so far but it still doesnt work for me. I dont see what I am doing wrong. I copied the link you provided and just replaced my username and password. but still it doesnt work.

Do you know when its going to be an offical mapbender functionality?

Thanks
milad